Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

First, I'd like to say I've done a search here, on scionlife, tundrasolutions, and google to no avail.

I've purchased the 2006 iPod OEM deck, complete in the box that they ship in to the Scion dealers. The box came with the Stereo, the iPod customer cord (Ipod to Center Console cord), and the Center Console connector.

However, there is another cord that I need that my 2005 xB doesn't have!

There is a cord that connects from the back of the radio to the iPod console connector. One of the ends connects to the bottom connector on the head-unit. In the pic below the female end of the connection is visible on the back of the head-unit.

Apparently, this cord comes on every new 2006 Scion whether it's an xB, xA, or tC. The cord is in place incase the customer upgrades to the factory offered iPod head unit.

I need this cord!

My options for this cord are as follows.
1. Find the part number and try to order it from a dealer.
2. Buy is here off of someone who has an aftermarket head-unit installed and won't be using the cord
3. Find one in a junkyard (not likely)

Can anyone help me? I could use a picture of the cord, a part number, or even the cord itself if you're willing to sell it! I've already purchased the radio and have everything else I need.

Thanks!
-ZanexGt
05 xB Blue Onyx

·
Registered
13 Posts
go on ebay and get it for about 40 dollars, that's where i got mine. i do need the console Connector Cord and the iPod Console Connector Cord... any ideas where to get it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
You can just use the PT546-21062 cable. Its easy and clean, but I was unable to post my pic's. See the DIY section. Basically you pull the sockets out of the one end of the -21062 cable, put heatshrink around the sockets and individually push them onto the IPOD connector on the radio. Then tie wrap it down to keep it from coming off, feed the other end thru the dash into the glove box, connect your IPOD and away you go.
I've used this bastardized cable with 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen, and an I-phone.
If anyone is interested in the pin outs and connections:
Take the socket out on the pin number listed in the middle, check the color and size, push it onto the pin listed on the end.
example, IPOD pin 1 is violet color, pull it out of pin 16 on the 21062 cable end, push this violet wire onto pin 14 on the back of the radio.
Once I get enough posts I'll post the pic's.

IPOD end pin number - PT546-21062 connector pin- T1808 radio connector
1 violet - 16 - 14
2 orange(large) - 15 - 13
3 red - 14 - 12
4 white - 13 - 11
11 green - 12 - 7
12 yellow - 11 - 9
13 orange - 10 - 8
15 black - 7 - 16
18 brown - 9 - 6
19,20 gray(large) - 6 - 4
21 blue - 8 - 3
29,30 black(large) - 1 - 1

Outer shield black 5 not connected

looking at end of 21062 cable the pin numbers are
6 5 4 , , , , , , , , , , , 3,2,1

looking at back of radio the pin numbers are
5,4, , , , , , , , , , , , , , 3,2,1

·
Registered
12,385 Posts
Haha..U were right! This is what I needed...I think..Lol...A lil confusing..Rofl...Thanks tho!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.