Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi y'all, I just got this cute 2004 Scion XB automatic, cus I want to drive and drink coffee. It is a pretty silver but it is missing the bottom part of the back bumper. The girl i got it from has alot of kids but needed a bigger car so she sold it to me for $1500. I think it has 127,000 miles so I hope i didn't pay too much. Anyway, I have been looking for the bottom of the rear bumper. Ohh, I used bottom and rear in the same sentence. All I can see online are fat custom bottoms but I want one that is original. I see they call them a lip or valance. Non of the junk yards have them that I checked. The originals come in 2 bottom sections. I only see an ebay ad for one side but not both and he wants $170...really? Does anyone know where I can get an original? I think I might try and attach it myself. Kathy

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
59 Posts
Hi y'all, I just got this cute 2004 Scion XB automatic, cus I want to drive and drink coffee. It is a pretty silver but it is missing the bottom part of the back bumper. The girl i got it from has alot of kids but needed a bigger car so she sold it to me for $1500. I think it has 127,000 miles so I hope i didn't pay too much. Anyway, I have been looking for the bottom of the rear bumper. Ohh, I used bottom and rear in the same sentence. All I can see online are fat custom bottoms but I want one that is original. I see they call them a lip or valance. Non of the junk yards have them that I checked. The originals come in 2 bottom sections. I only see an ebay ad for one side but not both and he wants $170...really? Does anyone know where I can get an original? I think I might try and attach it myself. Kathy
Hi Kathleen!,
Please take a look at the link. The price is a little better but you’d probably spend the savings in paint. I’d keep exploring salvage. Best of luck
David

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Kathleen!,
Please take a look at the link. The price is a little better but you’d probably spend the savings in paint. I’d keep exploring salvage. Best of luck
David

TOYBOX. ThankyouThankyouThankyou...I could give you a BIG KISS. I am not sure if it is free shipping but I will find out tomorrow when I call them. It looks like one piece that will make life a little easier. People tell me that if I want to paint it myself the pretty silver that I have to "prep" it by sanding it down. I used to help my dad in his woodshop so I can sand. I am not supposed to get silver paint from the hardware store but get the silver toyota paint. Shheeesh...This sounds like alot of work but I'm game. Thanks again, Kat

·
Registered
2006 Scion XB
59 Posts
TOYBOX. ThankyouThankyouThankyou...I could give you a BIG KISS. I am not sure if it is free shipping but I will find out tomorrow when I call them. It looks like one piece that will make life a little easier. People tell me that if I want to paint it myself the pretty silver that I have to "prep" it by sanding it down. I used to help my dad in his woodshop so I can sand. I am not supposed to get silver paint from the hardware store but get the silver toyota paint. Shheeesh...This sounds like alot of work but I'm game. Thanks again, Kat
“BIG KISS”!! 👍🏼

1 - 4 of 4 Posts