Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys well i want to get 2 W6 subs the first ones with jl on the cone not the v2's but they still hit hard as hell do you think its over kill just asking opinions

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
is there such thing as too much audio? i say go for it. itll have good clarity and fairly deep bass. whats not to love? it wont be too much.

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I had three in my first car.

First were 3 JL12w12 and I hit 139db with 600watts with an 1" thick rubber wall behind the back seat that I didn't know about.

Swapped them out for the W6's but kept the Infinity (under powered) Fultron 3-way Cross-over..

Somehow I, Blew one and blew the wires off the back of the cone on one,
And the Last one by itself sounded better alone with the 600watts.

This pic might be of the JL12w12's yes, w12's they made them. No one believed me I had to show them the little spec book.

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice ok well what do you think i will hit with the 2 12 W6's 600 watts if its in a sealed box to specs and all? and idea

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well im hitting like 147dbs(on a term lab mic) in my xB with 1 RE XXX 15. And at that # i get a lot of flexing(but then again I havent sound deadened my car yet) it just depends on what you can tolerate really.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The nice thing is, the W6's will allow you to get good tight accurate Bass if you don't want it just for SPL. I would assume you have a Head unit that has adjustable Sub levels. But Also, if you want to crank it up for SPL, it will definitley get loud. I would reccommend running more power than 600W for both though. Those need about 400w-500w running to them to hit thier potential.

I have 2 12" Boston G5 subs right now and I think they could definitley sound better with a little more power going to them, but they are very tight and Accurate, which is what I like since I listen to mostly Electronic and Rock, not much Rap. It still gives me a headache when I crank it up though.

Good luck with your setup!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
gunz, how big of a box are you runnin? what is it tuned to?

im running a RE 15" HC and so far have hit 146, but then again that was on the old meter. i still have to tune it up, and get it on the TermLab.

thanks
scotty

·
Registered
234 Posts
ScionScotty said:
gunz, how big of a box are you runnin? what is it tuned to?

im running a RE 15" HC and so far have hit 146, but then again that was on the old meter. i still have to tune it up, and get it on the TermLab.

thanks
scotty
Heres a pic of my box http://i1.tinypic.com/of1pms.jpg its tuned at 38hz and I hit 146.9 at 46hz, I had the radio running flat and gain not all the way up. Im gonna take it back in to get remetered this weekend on a termlab.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
holy **** pretty kick ass lookin man! is your spare out and all that air space too? looks like a hell of a setup. i should be able to get some numbers after this weekend so ill be interested to see how i do on the termlab.

scotty

·
Registered
234 Posts
ScionScotty said:
holy **** pretty kick ass lookin man! is your spare out and all that air space too? looks like a hell of a setup. i should be able to get some numbers after this weekend so ill be interested to see how i do on the termlab.

scotty
No spare and its sitting at the very bottom of the hatch area. I already blew the dust cap off it :(. When I get some new #s im gonna post em up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.