Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 12" Alpine Type R's with a Hiphonics super classD 1600 watt amp, stock head unit!!!

yeah, i just finished!

its pretty much amazing
i love keeping the stock look, plus the stock head unit is really good..

here are some pics!

Attachments

G

·
Re: 2 12" Alpine Type R's with a Hiphonics super classD 1600 watt amp, stock head uni

i have almost the salme setup but with a brutus 1800 watt, and my box have a port 2" by 12"(just like in the manual of the speakers)......i found the base more clearly and also the type R are not ment to me with out a port beause it builds up presure and will eventually malfunction(blow up).......
this setup is so loud that my front bumber even shakes..........

·
Registered
8 Posts
Re: 2 12" Alpine Type R's with a Hiphonics super classD 1600 watt amp, stock head uni

You should of went with a ported box instead of a sealed one but looks very clean im diggin it

·
Registered
457 Posts

i agre with the above, definitely look into building a ported box, you will get much more volume (and if you build it right) no loos in sound quality.
the Type R's definitely sound better ported and they tend to bottom out in sealed boxes
are you running those at 2 ohm or 1 ohm?

·
Registered
66 Posts

The thread dates on this one are funny.

Love the install though. I'm jealous.

·
Registered
457 Posts

holy hell, didnt notice that. m_man has been digging up the dead

·
jump on the randode train
81 Posts

I had two type r's in a ported box with the same amp and hit 145db with a bunch of sound deadener installed. nice setup, looks real clean.

but now i have 4 with a hifonics 2000d, yet to be metered.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.