Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, it's almost been a full year with my new xB and it's gotten a bit of a transformation over the last 10 months. How quickly have your projects transformed? I'm pretty happy with where I am so far, just wondering if you guys went fast and hard with your mods or spaced them out. Here's some pics just to show you what it has gone from. Oh, yeah. I also have a Tanabe Medallion exhaust, AEM intake and DC Sports headers that aren't pictured. I'll try and clean it up some tomorrow for some better pics. I also have TRD lowering springs waiting for warmer weather.

This is the very first day I brought her home.

These two were taken today after I installed my ThunderGod style plate frame.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, man. i love my projectors. i heard the light would suck with them but i think they work great. my fiance and i just booked our trip with her family to come to la and see the price is right in june. should be a lot of fun. im just wondering how many of your cars im gonna wind up seeing cruising los angeles.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
lookin good, its coming along nicely!!

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
pinkred, you can also get them on ebay. i also saw in your profile that your looking for a roof rack. Timfiredog on here is a retailer of the Yakima racks i believe. maybe he will chime in and give you a good deal or you can contact him. oh yea... one more things...

YOUR GONNA NEED TO POST SOME PICS OF YOUR CAR! -=] happy day.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice work, the headlights look great!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are some more pics from bath day at the good ol' badger wash. It's the only way I can keep her clean long enough for pics;)

we'll start out with a couple beauty shots...

here you can see my color matched intake and my header

My TRD Short-Throw and my dash badge(Ignore my floor mat, Wi winters are horrible on upholstery.)

My Tanabe Exhaust

and finally my very first 'mod'...

Stay Tuned for potentially disatrous pics as I attempt to paint my tails in the next few days, lol...:D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, just got my tails painted and they didn't turn out as bad as I thought as they would. I only chipped one tail, I let the plastic cool down too much when I was working on them. If anyone is interested in painting their lights, turn the heat up to about 235 degress for about 5 or 6 minutes and work in VERY light paint coats. You'll also need two cans of testors transparent candy apple red, one isn't enough. Make sure you mask off the back up light area VERY well also, mine leaked a little bit and I had to sit with paint thinner and clean it all out. Took quite a bit of time, too. Well, here they are, though.

I also nabbed a couple of tree clips from work and used my touch-up paint to color the heads of them. They filled the holes left in my bumper from the stealership really well. If anyone else is interested I can probably nab you a pair.

Hopefully I can get my lowering springs installed soon, also. I don't think this is too bad for having the car less than a year. If anyonw else wants to share their modding timeline, that would be great!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I vote for keeping the plate holder but straighten it out. Just breaks up the cool lines of the Box.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Nice progress

I vote for keeping the plate holder but straighten it out. Just breaks up the cool lines of the Box.
I’m with Taz on this. ^
When I see it at that angle it just ‘kinda looks like its waiting to fall off. Everything else is all clean lines. . .

Am I the only one who can’t see the ‘pics of the tail lights?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Re: Nice progress

I’m with Taz on this. ^
When I see it at that angle it just ‘kinda looks like its waiting to fall off. Everything else is all clean lines. . .

Am I the only one who can’t see the ‘pics of the tail lights?
I see 'em, they turned out great. Nice addition.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, the other day at work three people came up and told me my plate was falling off. i like how the tails kinda blend into the paint. i was thinking of getting tyc Tails but i like this alot more now that i have them on the car.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I can see ‘em now.

That’s EXACTLY what I pictured in my head.

I was going to suggest doing it when I read your first post. . . until I got to the last line:
“Stay Tuned for potentially disatrous pics as I attempt to paint my tails in the next few days, lol...”

Yes, I laughed out loud :D

Great job!

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
*(Hands cupping mouth, whispering)* HAAAAAAHHH,HHHAAAHH, and the crowd goes wild!!! lol, just kidding. I'm really enthused about the painted tails, though. Looks alot nicer than I was thinking it would. Is it wrong to love a car this much?

·
Registered
611 Posts
love the box so far! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.