Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what other people with automatics are averaging for fuel mileage. We have just finish our first tank and averaged only 25mpg.

I told my wife she needs to stop trying to race everyone from the stoplights and she promised to try since she has figured out she cant win!

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
hahaha!!! yeah, i dont want to race the xB when its on the breaking period. i got 30mpg on my first fill up.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
How many miles can you guys go before you usually have to fill up? i the most i've gotten was about 285 when the light was on.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
i usually go to the gas station when the needle gets little below the 1/4 line. the most i got was 304 miles and the needle was a little below the 1/4 line. that was when i was in Sacramento...

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
I drove it easy and got 32mpg on my first tank in city/freeway. (Auto)
At 2.3K miles now- average 32 mpg normal driving with AC on 50% of the time. Light goes on with 2 gallons left after about 300 miles.
I'm happy :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
there is no need to break-in your engine when you first get it, SCION(Toyota)
has already done this task for you at the factory. most people get better gas milage after a couple of tanks because they learn to drive the car better
with time. instead of trying to force the car to drive they become one with thier box and drive in hamony. this harmony then creates a zen-like ora around the car causing smooth acceleration and better gas milage...lol:D

·
Registered
546 Posts
I only get like 220 a tank, but then again I do have 18's with low pro tires and the a pretty big system in the back so that could have something to do with it, but if I do nothing but freeway I get like 245-250 miles a tank...

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Xb is a 2006 with automatic and I am on like my 6th tank in almost a month. First two where local, combined city/highway and got 32.2 mpg. Third was from Memphis to Nashville, TN with my 15 yr old son, myself and about 400 lbs of gear in the back, doing up to 85-90mph (could only acheive these speeds with the help of a downhill grade, max going up was 75 maybe) and got a little over 32 mpg. Fourth was Nashville city driving over 4 days and got 30 mpg. Fifth was coming back from Nashville with the same load as going up, but stayed at 70 mph and got 36.4 mpg and the Box is now at 1300 miles. Driving habits appear to be a big variable when it comes to gas mileage on this vehicle.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sugarnutz said:
My Xb is a 2006 with automatic and I am on like my 6th tank in almost a month. First two where local, combined city/highway and got 32.2 mpg. Third was from Memphis to Nashville, TN with my 15 yr old son, myself and about 400 lbs of gear in the back, doing up to 85-90mph (could only acheive these speeds with the help of a downhill grade, max going up was 75 maybe) and got a little over 32 mpg. Fourth was Nashville city driving over 4 days and got 30 mpg. Fifth was coming back from Nashville with the same load as going up, but stayed at 70 mph and got 36.4 mpg and the Box is now at 1300 miles. Driving habits appear to be a big variable when it comes to gas mileage on this vehicle.

i agree there and i see you are in my area so i know what you are talking about glad to see someone else on here from west tn

·
Registered
179 Posts
As your engine finishes its break in period, you should get more and more mpg. My first tank was about 25mpg. I was kinda dissappointed since I bought this car for its mpg. It slowly crept up after the next couple of months. After 3 months, I was averaging 34-37mpg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i get abt 18 to 20

i get abt 18 to 20 but i am pushing out 325 at the front wheels. my bb is twin turbo out this baby can out run a corvette. i have invest abt 30,000 into the motor drive train suspension wheels turbos. it would have been abt 10,000 more if i didnt know how to put it on my self

·
Registered
179 Posts
brandonwiththepimpbb said:
i get abt 18 to 20 but i am pushing out 325 at the front wheels. my bb is twin turbo out this baby can out run a corvette. i have invest abt 30,000 into the motor drive train suspension wheels turbos. it would have been abt 10,000 more if i didnt know how to put it on my self
sure whatever......

·
Registered
3 Posts
too roll hard

well just think whtever take a look in import mag im there buddy tell u all abt my bb take a look at mays issue u will see me and my car orange and white my name is brandon and on u tube me and my car is on there tooo racing the corvette and smoking it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UR JUST A HATERRRRRRRRRRRR

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.