Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been giving Ye Olde Toaster a lot of TLC this past year - '06 xB, 5-speed, been driving the thing for 14 years and it hasn't blown up yet so I figured I'd get back on the horse in regards to little fixes and such.

Replaced the shifter cable bushings with the offerings from Torque Solutions (who seems to be the only reliable vendor anymore in 2020). What I'd like to add to that mix, however, are shifter BASE bushings, and I cannot find those offered by anyone reliable. I know CorSport was the go-to for bushings in years past, but in the last decade that shop's online store has changed hands and even with some e-mail correspondence they don't seem like a reliable source for parts even as simple as some aluminum base bushings.

My question, then - Does anyone know where I could find base bushings in 2020? Are there bushings that fit for other cars which might be easier to find which also fit (is there a 'universal' Toyota shifter base bushing size)? Otherwise, does anyone know the part dimensions so I can slap my own together with some washers and some welding?

Pre-emptive thanks for the help here, it's been driving me a little crazy hunting these things down.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have the cable bushings like yours but also found the kits for the pivots on the shifter as well. Let me check it out and I'll let you know who they're made by. This was recently, coupla months ago.

·
Registered
367 Posts
bushingfix.com are the ones I got for the shifter end of the cable pivots in center console.......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts