Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I've read the 1NZ-FE engine came in the Echos, since 2000. Is this true? Is it 100% the same motor as the current XB motor? The reason I ask is, I'm wanting to get a long block for a project I'm working on. But I wanted to make sure it doesn't have to be specific xB/xA motor only! The Echo Sh*t is a whole lot cheaper!!! Thanks for any help.

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
well, as far as i know, the engine itself is the same, but the waterpump is different.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The engine itself is the same, crank, pistons, rods, cam may have a different grind, heads valves springs, water pump is not a biggie, its not inlcuded any how on a long block.

How much is the long block echo any how? and From where are you getting it?

·
Registered
195 Posts
From what I've read the 1NZ-FE engine came in the Echos, since 2000. Is this true? Is it 100% the same motor as the current XB motor? The reason I ask is, I'm wanting to get a long block for a project I'm working on. But I wanted to make sure it doesn't have to be specific xB/xA motor only! The Echo Sh*t is a whole lot cheaper!!! Thanks for any help.
LMAO...Your killin' me Mike. :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
ECU, not worried about. Ok, water pump is different but it mounts the same, with the same bolt pattern correct? Same Block? As far as the cam, crank, and valves. Are they the same or are that different? I just need a complete motor. Block and head. All the bolt on and electrical stuff, I don't. But before I buy an Echo motor (if thats all I find) I want to be 100% that they are the same internals. Most off the internals will be changed, but I want the same specs as the box motor. I want the crank to be the same as it will be lightened and balanced. I need to be 100% sure they are the same!

Peej: Didn't you buy a Blue xB, just like me? HaHa J/K

·
Registered
195 Posts
ECU, not worried about. Ok, water pump is different but it mounts the same, with the same bolt pattern correct? Same Block? As far as the cam, crank, and valves. Are they the same or are that different? I just need a complete motor. Block and head. All the bolt on and electrical stuff, I don't. But before I buy an Echo motor (if thats all I find) I want to be 100% that they are the same internals. Most off the internals will be changed, but I want the same specs as the box motor. I want the crank to be the same as it will be lightened and balanced. I need to be 100% sure they are the same!

Peej: Didn't you buy a Blue xB, just like me? HaHa J/K
Here we go again w/ the blue box...LOL

I meant to ask you, your going to have the rods, pistons and crank lightened and balanced right?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: 1NZ-FE workinng

i have a yaris in the caribbean. It has been turbo for the past 5 years running at about 10 lb boost how ever i have not run it hard for more than 16 seconds. I have on a tdo4 turbo with a turbo starlet intercooler. I run the car for 3 years with out a blow off valve. i just cranked it up to 15 lb boost but have not ran it hard yet. it feels dam good. the G-force is awesome but iam scared that i may damage the engine at 15 lb boost. The care was built for the quarter mile. i use it everyday to go to work. only changes i made was the injectors (now turbo starlet injectors), everything else is the same. However, i have a Exhaust temperature guage, oil presure guage and a boost guage, when ever i see the ETG reach 1100 C i back off, but i have run the car till it reach 1300 C, i have not damage anything yet, but i believe that something is wrong with my gas rail because i am smelling gas, so i will have to check that out. i hope this is enough infomation to help out anyone who are thinking of going turbo charge. I am alittle scare that i might bend the rods, i am not too sure how much pressure they can take.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I didn't end up doing a build. Went out and bought a Corvette instead. Still have the xB but no reason to make it go fast now, it will be all show, no go!! But its still a work in progress.

·
-----HI-----
113 Posts
So has anyone used an echo block or what? My only worry's is the motor mounts....are they the same in the eco's as the xb's or will I need to use my current mounts? xb tranny still bolts to the echo motor being that they're the same, correct?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.