Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Iam going to granny shift it no speed shifting or power shifting for my stock tranny. So the stock tranny will hold up fine. Since the drag strip is a couple of hrs away from me I doubt that I will be racing more than a few times a year and once I get my lowest et thats enuff for me. If you go all the time thats when thing start breaking. As far as I know nobody makes an aftermarket tranny. All you can do at this point is change the stock clutch to a heavy duty clutch, pressure plate and flywheel or step up to a race puck style clutch. :cool:

·
Registered
291 Posts
sounds fair enough. hope to see some numbers and times soon! i had no idea how scronny the stock rods were. sheesh!

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey fred, look up a transmission company by the name of "Mad Dog Transmissions" on google. Lou *the owner* is a great guy, he can take the trany and put it through a cold freeze process and make it about 35% stronger which should fix that problem. if you're using an auto, it's a longer process and more expencive cause only certain parts can go in but if it's a manual, it would only be... 200-400 for it to be done... i think he said 200 but i can't quite remember. but call'em up and ask for lou. look around for a used trany thats in good condision and send it off unless you want to pay the $2,200 for a new trany. but i believe it will fix the weak trany problem. apparently he's done it with many weak honda trany's with guys pushing around 4-500hp and never had a problem after the cold freeze treatment. but like i said, i'd look around for a used trany cause his shop is in NY so it could be anywhere from a week to two weeks maybe based on quick shipping. he's a good guy, i've alked to him my self and he is patiently waiting for the word from me for my trany and i'm sure he'll be glad to help ya out!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Dang it Vito, and here I had a set of 2ZZ injectors ready to go! I still have the stage 3 clutch and Jun flywheel.

Still trying to track down the LSD, or shoud I try 6 speed? But the dang Yaris keeps calling my ame!

Oh, I grenaded the 1ZZ over a month ago in the Xr. No excessive wear or oil starvation, kind of wierd. 4 inch hole in back by the starter, shrapnel in the starter, all kinds of divets in the oil pan, and a small 1 inch hole up front.

Slipped in a new/used 1ZZ, and went w/ an external tranny cooler, and full synthetic again.

Back on topic, TRD custom turbo or GReddy SC!?! Decisions, decisions!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Dang it Vito, and here I had a set of 2ZZ injectors ready to go! I still have the stage 3 clutch and Jun flywheel.

Still trying to track down the LSD, or shoud I try 6 speed? But the dang Yaris keeps calling my ame!

Oh, I grenaded the 1ZZ over a month ago in the Xr. No excessive wear or oil starvation, kind of wierd. 4 inch hole in back by the starter, shrapnel in the starter, all kinds of divets in the oil pan, and a small 1 inch hole up front.

Slipped in a new/used 1ZZ, and went w/ an external tranny cooler, and full synthetic again.

Back on topic, TRD custom turbo or GReddy SC!?! Decisions, decisions!
definitely go with the Kaaz lsd, its gonna be a lot cheaper in the end than a tranny swap. How the heck did you blow the motor in that thing? Lol, im sorry to laugh I just find that really strange? Is it something thats common to that year matrix, just like the early year 05 tC's with their mysterious bearing and valve issues? Id say go with the Greddy SC and build a custom pulley for the sucker :D Talk to Mike at NonStopTuning down in Houston...really great guy if you dont know him already. His screename on AOL is NSTonAIM. Hit him up anytime and chat with him about doing a pulley setup for the greddy blower. Happy modding fellas :cool:

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.