Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy of mine on the "left" coast is doing a build of his xB and is looking to put down some promising numbers...he currently is running a blitz supercharger and a 25 shot of the snot amongst other goodies :p
Heres a few teaser pics to start it off

His pistons will be here Friday or Monday and he is gonna bump the juice up to a 75-100 shot and will be running an AEM standalone for his EMU.
Ohh yea, driveshaft shop axles good up to 500whp/tq

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
some updated pics...so the clutch/pulley went on the blower from having the pulley pinned...thats replaced with a new pulley setup and its hitting about 12.5 psi at redline

Is that a toothpick next to that crower rod??

Wiseco pistons should be arriving any day this week...they are slacking on him a bit

·
Registered
426 Posts
Sounds good. Please keep posting more updates.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yezzir:cool:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohh yea, I forgot to add...he is no longer going to be using the 2zz injectors...time to step it up to 2az injectors courtesy of me ; )

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Cool thread, I am awaiting spring to see a local club members xa buildup.....all I can say is 300 shot of nitrous!!!!!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cool thread, I am awaiting spring to see a local club members xa buildup.....all I can say is 300 shot of nitrous!!!!!!!
thats a lot of snot to be feeding that lil xA lol...cant wait to see those numbers hahaha

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
we will have numbers after he brings the box to the machine shop and get the rods/pistons done, then bump up the juice to 75-100 shot with the AEM standalone as the engine management...probly gonna be north of 200

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, just got an email from my friend karl...
"Just talked to wiseco pistons and they are done and passed inspection and will be shipped today overnight. The rings are as follows top ring is barrel faced a gas nitrided ring used for turbo, s/c and nitrous cars, middle ring cast iron phospate coating scraper ring napier under hook design, bottom ring 3 piece oil assembly satainless steel flex-vent spacer gas nitrided rails, these are file to fit ring latest design and coating model XX ring set.

No worries about the wrist pins they are 2 1/2 by 18mm 4mm wall thickness.SWEET hope they come in early so I can drop off the axel shafts, rods and pistons and rings and get this bad boy started I am off tomorrow. Also my friend wants to do a custom block sleeve he has a honda one in the shop he wants to show me.

I think I will spend the extra money to get a thick strong custom block sleeve, don't want to put a hole in the motor also since no one makes a crank yet. Just have to check with my friend to see how much this is gonna cost me and how long he needs my x/b for. I think I now can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Then its just a matter of time before the aem emu comes out untill then break in a new motor with a ported head, ported s/c intake, crower regind cams and a cone filter ram air cai, crower rods, wiseco pistons and custom sleeve.If you think thats sick wait untill the nitrous flows 50 then 75 then maybe 100 if so I will be using those tc 380cc injectors and running that aem emu plug& play on a safe tune up. Iam sure 50-75 shot of nitrous will be more than enough but I would like to go to 100 but not at the risk of blowing a newly built motor."

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
What's Up Vito!!??!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I'm drooling with excitement over this. I told you guys, just give it time and the aftermarket to make these boxes fast will come!! I toldja so!! It happened with the civic!!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's Up Vito!!??!!
whatsup Brad....i knew it was only a matter of time before this thread caught your interest :cool:
Things are funny, I sold my xB to this guy local to me, he blew the rings on the pistons, traded the car in for a mustang...I never knew what happened to the car until recently I saw a thread pop up on Team ScioNRG forum stating "I think I have an old members box" lol. Well sure enough it was my xB and unfortunately, there was a fire in the interior and he picked it up with a salvage title but it is still in incredible shape.The only depressing thing is that it was stripped of all its glory, no tv's, wheels, no intercooler, bov, hid's amongst other things...just needs new front seats and a headliner from the smoke to be pleasant to the ey. I would love to know how the heck that happened lol...well, anyways ive been in contact with the kid and am helping him out with the turbo setup and pointing him in the right direction to get it back on its A game hahaha. Enough rambling...who wants a 250whp box :D
Hope all is well for ya Brad!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Like Boombox said... It is nice to see this progress in the xB / xA community. Anyone with half a mind for performance understands that if you throw enough time, money and tuning at any motor you are going to see some pretty impressive things. And it looks like Vito's buddy over here on our side of the country is doing just that. I can't wait to see the end results.

I really think the true potential of our little boxes won't be truly recognized until the community as a whole gets a few motor swaps under our belt. The 1NZ has great potential to build a very quick little box. It is just unfortunate that it is so expensive to do so. Once someone gets a more stout engine and transmission combo swap done I think we'll really see the xB gain some respect in the performance community.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: lookin good

Thanks, Vito

If anyones got any questions...FastFreddy is the man to talk to...its his box and he is now a clubxB registered member:D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Hey Vito!!!!!!!

I had the info on the rods, but different pistons, modding the engine mounts, and injectors, but stalled because of the divorce. Nice info for the axles, I'll need some of those!

Everything else is same ol' same ol'.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.