Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am debating on wheather I should put on my 19's, I purchased them out of spur of the moment since I got a good price...

they are 19x8 with a +35 offset.

I was planning on lowering on Tanabe Df210's but I think with this drop the car will be too low and encouter rubbing issues. Should I go with Tein S-techs instead??? I will be using the TRD strut/shock combo with either springs.

Also what tire sizes are the ppls with 19's running?? with by 8 I would want to run 225/35 to be safe but will throw off the speedo by 3.8%. I also plan on runnong the OTG shims in the rear to push it out a little bit.

215/35 would bring it closer to stock size but I will be running on pretty thin tires...

What are you opinions and suggestions..

Thanks in advance.
Kenny

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you don't plan on changing the off-sets you might be ok with the Df210's, I'm running a 18" at 15 off-set in rear and rub just barely with weight on the S-Techs.
My wheels are 40 off-set with a 25mm spacer in the rear. I ordered the Df210's for the front but will probably leave the Tein's in rear.

I wouldn't worry about the speedo, it's about 5mph off anyways.

Don't go crazy with the spacers like I did and you should be fine with 215/35/19's, maybe 10mm spacers.

I think I will be running 205/40/18's next in hopes that it will cure a little rubbing, if I don't get a roller first.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Padanky said:
If you don't plan on changing the off-sets you might be ok with the Df210's, I'm running a 18" at 15 off-set in rear and rub just barely with weight on the S-Techs.
My wheels are 40 off-set with a 25mm spacer in the rear. I ordered the Df210's for the front but will probably leave the Tein's in rear.

I wouldn't worry about the speedo, it's about 5mph off anyways.

Don't go crazy with the spacers like I did and you should be fine with 215/35/19's, maybe 10mm spacers.

I think I will be running 205/40/18's next in hopes that it will cure a little rubbing, if I don't get a roller first.
well in the back I plan on running the 10mm shim spacers and none in the front.. I think with +35 offset and the 10mm shim the wheels should sit pretty flush since it will be pushed to a +25 offset. I am thinking about running 225/35 tires just because of thw width of the wheel. This will give it more rubber to protect the rims...

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
You should be fine, this is my rear at 15off-set on the S-Tech's w/ 18's

Attachments

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Padanky said:
You should be fine, this is my rear at 15off-set on the S-Tech's w/ 18's
Has the springs settled in that pic??
I would like more of a drop then that....

I pretty much one like a 1 to 1.5 figure gap all around..

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
They have been on awhile. From the looks of the pic you would be at 2.5 with the S-Tech's and 2.0 with the Df210's. You would need bags or coilovers to get any more.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
my friend has DF210's and 19x8 Axis Evo's, and he is rubbing in the front when turning to lock, and the rear wheels are tucked, even without weight in the rear.

If you went with 19x7's (if there are such a thing) you wouldn't have any rubbing. But I wouldn't recommend going with a lower offset since they'll stick out even further, and might run into more rubbin issues.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hayalex6 said:
my friend has DF210's and 19x8 Axis Evo's, and he is rubbing in the front when turning to lock, and the rear wheels are tucked, even without weight in the rear.

If you went with 19x7's (if there are such a thing) you wouldn't have any rubbing. But I wouldn't recommend going with a lower offset since they'll stick out even further, and might run into more rubbin issues.
ok..looks like I will be going with the teins.. I know the Tanabes are lower...
Do you by any chance know what offset is is running front and rear... is he using spacers??
also what size tire is he using...

thanks

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hayalex6 said:
no spacers. I think the TC Evo's are 35 offset. He's on 215/35 tires.
Cool thanks for the info. I plan on running 225/35. I think 215/35 is too thin..

Do you have any pics of your friends xB with the Tanabe's and Tc Evos.. ??

I would like to see how it sits on the car. I may still lower with Tanabe since I want the car to look pretty low...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts