Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
I'm totally guessing...

I think the rears will clear the shocks by a few mm and an insane stretch should clear the fenders nicely. I think you'll have more of a problem with the fronts. You'll prob need to max out your front camber since 205/40 only stretches a little on an 8.

If you look at Suspended/Opr8r's front wheels. They are 17x8.5 +17 I believe. That sits just about the same as a 17x8 +10 except you would have less stretch on a 205/40 and the "corner" of the tire would be 1/4" further out. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Damn 17x8 is pretty aggressive. Youll have to camber both out, and try to put some stretch on it, but itll be all worth it in the end. Little bit of poke, little camber, should be a hot combo. Heres reference for the fronts for ya, with 17x8 with 25 offset, with 205/40/17 Falken Ziex 512. Dooooooooo it!

Scotty

·
Registered
630 Posts
So I plugged in those offset into this offset calculator your offsets compared to suspended and the rim is only extending 1 mm more compared to suspended. But the problem that I see is it is 13mm more closer to the strut so it might rub inside or it might not be able to mount unless you use a spacer. I don't know how much clearance suspended has left on his setup so it is just speculations. Max camber might do it like stankubrik said. maybe some bags will make it fit easier if you go that route dibs on the coilovers. Good luck though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Those are some pretty aggressive offsets with those widths. You'd need to have aggressive camber to match for sure. But Id sure like to see it on an xB! Pick em up and slap em on today, Erick! Dont forget the pics!;)

·
Registered
328 Posts
would i be ok with these sizes???
i just need to check real quick before i make my move....

a final check i guess...
just so i won't second guess myself...

thanks!!!
Those are some nice numbers........post some pictures....
Then I can tell you if the would fit my Xb better...LOL

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I wonder what the disks are on these. I just saw the pics, and they look like they have a very decent lip (at least 3 on rear), but not like HUGE like I expected. I would be willing to bet their A-disks, which would for sure clear your front caliper. The 9.5s are gonna be iffy in terms of clearing the rear suspension, but look at the 18x9.5 Sportmax 962s. Those clear with an effective offset of +20 dont they? It should be okay I would think. I say gettem Erick. You have the Scotty seal of approval on these ;) Hot rims.

scotty

·
Registered
328 Posts
I wonder what the disks are on these. I just saw the pics, and they look like they have a very decent lip (at least 3 on rear), but not like HUGE like I expected. I would be willing to bet their A-disks, which would for sure clear your front caliper. The 9.5s are gonna be iffy in terms of clearing the rear suspension, but look at the 18x9.5 Sportmax 962s. Those clear with an effective offset of +20 dont they? It should be okay I would think. I say gettem Erick. You have the Scotty seal of approval on these ;) Hot rims.

scotty
Where can I see them?

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OW those VS-MX are the ones at RB motoring.
why yes they are but the ones picture were sold already...
i got the exact same ones but in better condition....
im going to pick them up friday ...
so.. as soon as i put some rubber on i will post...
im going 205/40 for the front..i still don't know what size for the rear....

thanks guys .. i hope i won't have any problems...but if i do ..
i/ll come here for help!!!

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I plugged in those offset into this offset calculator your offsets compared to suspended and the rim is only extending 1 mm more compared to suspended. But the problem that I see is it is 13mm more closer to the strut so it might rub inside or it might not be able to mount unless you use a spacer. I don't know how much clearance suspended has left on his setup so it is just speculations. Max camber might do it like stankubrik said. maybe some bags will make it fit easier if you go that route dibs on the coilovers. Good luck though.

i hope they clear...
i just hope i won't need to run bags for these to look decent....
we'll see ...worst scenario i just sell 'em to some vdub buddies.....lol!!!

NOT!!!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
thats where im going friday morning to check out some wheels that i had my eyes on for bout a week now. dont worry erick, im looking at yours. just dont look at mine. :D

Uhhh..........Don't you have ENOUGH wheels????? Man, start a shop or something!!

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thats where im going friday morning to check out some wheels that i had my eyes on for bout a week now. dont worry erick, im looking at yours. just dont look at mine. :D
hey i might see you there...
but if you get there before me..please have a heart!!! lol!!!!

1 - 20 of 81 Posts