Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
18 x 7.5. Offset?

Ok, so I'm new to this forum. And in order to not look foolish, I've spent the last 2 hours looking for a thread that had the offset for 18 x 7.5 rims. But to my dismay I found no such thread. If any one knows what offset I should run please let me know. My box is completely stock. I'm thinking 215/40/18 tires. The reason i am going 7.5 is that the rim company i'm looking at 7.5 is the smallest rim they have. Thank you in advance for any help you can give.

·
Registered
333 Posts
+20 front and +10 rear....if you want flush but you can go anywhere from +20 to +35 and still look good...thats if the wheel makes custom offsets

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Are you doing 18s or 17s? (thread says 18s, but 17" tires mentioned).

Itll depend on your drop on what size you want for offset. Rolled fenders or not? Hell Im 17x8 with 25 offset but rub even with rolled fenders because im dropped so far. Ill need to know more, before I could advise ya really.

Scotty

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I meant 18's I accidently put 17's. because I originally was going to go with 17's, But then decided to go with 18's. And no suspension mods are going to be on the car.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Do you have a choice of offsets, or are you unlimited by whatever size you want in width and offset? You can do 9" wide all the way down to 7.5" wide, from 30 offset to 10. If you have a list to choose from, I can tell you exactly which one would be best for you.

scotty

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
+15 offset of a 7.5" should look ok... Do you know what size tire you will be running....

I am running a 7" width wheel with +33 offset and a 10mm kic project spacer in the rear with 215/40 and I get a little rubbing only on full load.. my rear wheels tucks into the fender. I only rub when i hit really big bumps.. but normal driving I don't rub at all even with 1/2 my tire side wall tucked into the fender well.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I ran a 18x7.5 40 off-set 215/35/18 with a 25mm spacer in rear and 5mm spacer up front and was very happy with the stance. 205/40/18 would of worked best with this set-up, I barely transferred paint to the tire with 300+ lbs in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts