Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting my sportmax 002's 15x8 with a 0 offset mounted on the stock tires sometime this week. did anyone here do this and if so did you get a front end alignment or is it not needed. any help would be great.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx fellas.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Personally, whenever I change wheels, replace tires, or do any suspension work, I get an alignment.

I much prefer paying $60 now, than a couple of hundred+ later, for new tires.

Even if its going from 17x7 +40 to 17x7.5 +38, your still changing the attitude/geometry/tiresontact patch/tracking, and thus the reason why I get an alignment.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont plan on lowering it until after the winter. so the fenders are fine. did anyone else use the hubcentric rings because i have only heard of one person using them?? are they needed??

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
toddone said:
i dont plan on lowering it until after the winter. so the fenders are fine. did anyone else use the hubcentric rings because i have only heard of one person using them?? are they needed??
I'm pretty sure it depends on the bore of the wheel, but I'm using them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Hubcentric rings are only an optional thing.

You can use them to aid in keeping the wheels true with your hubs, but in most cases if your torque your wheels properly and use lugnuts designed for the wheels you will be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts