Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read somewhere about people having issues with wheels this size having problems clearing the calipers but only on the 06.5 xB. Does anyone have confirmation on that? I'd really like to get wheels this size so I don't have to stretch my stock tires and still qualify for my dealerships free tires for life dealio.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
I think I heard this too. On this forum actually. I think they switched up the sizing a bit on the brakes or something. Maybe made them a bit beefier? That's my best guess without hitting search.

I do think you are correct though. I'm sure Scotty would have more info for you, and such.

ALERT! TJ!
Which reminds me, Scotty, would you mind starting another thread about the different type of disks wheels come in?
END TJ!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Never heard about it, but usually I wouldnt pay attention to that even if I did read it. That would shock me that it would be THAT much difference, but who knows. It very well could be the design of the rim really. For instance, on a set that wouldnt fit on an 06.5, would it fit on an 05? It would shock me that it would be that big of a diff. Worst comes to worst, on that size rim, you should get massive spacing anyway. With that I recommend 10 mm spacers at minimum in front, and 25 mm in rear. Just my .02.

Boombox, Im headin to bed now, (classes in 6 hours) but shoot me a PM tomm and Ill come up with a whole big thread on the business tomm afternoon ;)

scotty

·
3,453 Posts
Sweet man! Sounds like a plan!

Murphyslaw, I'll keep searching, I still think I saw something about it on here.....Doh well, maybe it was a huge dream!??

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the problem was solved with 5mm spacers, so if i use bigger spacers i dont think it'll be a problem. I dont want the wheels pushed out so far that I have to worry about rolling my fenders or anything, another reason why the 15x7 is the better choice for me

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gotcha, i'm in between the GM 501s and the gold w/machined face drag dr20s so maybe it is just an Axis thing.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
You can air out with 15x7 20 offset, non rolled fenders. Just a heads up. You can run that up front no problem also. You WONT be too far out that youll have to worry.

Yea it sounds like Axis had a bad design on the back of the rim that messed things up.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
did u try running 5mm spacers? It seems like that is the only solution on our new boxes...

·
Registered
19 Posts
did u try running 5mm spacers? It seems like that is the only solution on our new boxes...
No, not yet. If I cant find the proper spacers locally, I will probably take the rims to a machine shop ($$$) and have them milled in the area of the rub.

The rubs in the photo were just from backing the car away from the lift, I dont think any damage was done to the calipers (at least not that I can see).

Any advice/direction is appreciated. :confused:

Rob

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Just get some 5mm spacers from online somewhere if no where local has it. Theyre ridiculously cheap. WAY less than milling the rims, and possibly screwing up some structural integrity. Also, like Ive always said with 7" and 38 offset you need spacers anyway to get them more flush. Just a noob .02

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just get some 5mm spacers from online somewhere if no where local has it. Theyre ridiculously cheap. WAY less than milling the rims, and possibly screwing up some structural integrity. Also, like Ive always said with 7" and 38 offset you need spacers anyway to get them more flush. Just a noob .02
Thanks for the advice, I will try to find some spacers online. :)

Rob

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
do the spacers need to be of the hubcentric type? Can u recommend a good site or two?

·
3,453 Posts
UGH!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Spend the money and get a quality spacer!! You're gonna have SO many issues with those.

·
Registered
19 Posts
UGH!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Spend the money and get a quality spacer!! You're gonna have SO many issues with those.

I wont get the Tuner Lugs spacers. The wheels are at the machine shop right now having 7mm milled from the area of the rub. There is plenty of meat on the DR24's, so I dont forsee any problems with structural integrity (hope and pray). Pics (and prices) to follow.

Rob

·
Registered
426 Posts

What kind of issues?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts