Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
That guy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since a former coworker wouldn't stop talking about is new civic si I've had an urge to crush them. Inside line say the '06 si can do a 15.1 @ 93.8. I was wondering how many of you are pulling 15.0 or quicker 1/4 and what it took to do it. I'm especial interested in N/A builds. I have always assumed it was somewhat attainable but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't so easy. I mean I'm not looking for 400whp or anything, how hard could it be.

·
Missing a couple doors
3,942 Posts
I don't think my tC will run a 15 and I really don't think my girlfriends xB2 would do as well. The only way to make a 2AZ powered car fast is to boost it.

The Civic Si is a good car. Nothing Toyota currently makes is on that level.

·
That guy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's what I feared. I figured you could get close tough. I know the civic is a great car, but i love to hate it. Short of swapping out internals or boosting i was curious as to how quick these cars can get.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
A NA manual xB2 is a mid-16 second car. An automatic is worse. No way you're going to get low 15s without major mods. Look for turbocharged tCs for timeslips and necessary strengthening areas. It's possible your engines will bend connecting rods before getting into the 14s.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Shaving one second off an be hard to do on NA. But a 75 shot of nitrous is safe and easy to do. And that will get you more than you need. $800 with the nitrous kit and an ignition controller to retard timing and you will be good. Don't be afraid of it either. I ran a 80 shot on an old '96 Sunfire with the crappy 2.2 in it and it survived. went from 18 second runs to 14's with it.

·
That guy
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I believe you guys,but its crazy to think our cars cant get that quick. we have loads more torque and a sizable difference in displacement. I guess you gotta hand it to those honda engineers. I wish toyota went farther with the VVTL-i.

anyone have any experience with camed 2az's?

·
call me DIZ!!!
156 Posts
start geting rid of weight, i thought for every 100lbs you pull out that is a 1/10 of a second in the quater mile on average

dont remember where i got this, but please correct me if i am wrong, lol

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
Well, you're giving away aerodynamics, 40 hp, & adding 150 lbs of weight. If you challenge him to stuff a 60" flat screen tv inside, you'll win. If you challenge him to race, you'll lose.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well, you're giving away aerodynamics, 40 hp, & adding 150 lbs of weight. If you challenge him to stuff a 60" flat screen tv inside, you'll win. If you challenge him to race, you'll lose.
The xB2 is surprisingly aerodynamic. only a .32 coefficient of drag.

·
Registered
860 Posts
hmm... my 92 Mustang runs 12.37 @ 112 on motor! Can't say I'd really take a XB to the track :\
I'm pretty sure you could get 250 hp without power adders but, it would cost way more than No2. and it would make it much harder to drive. The internals are weak so big $ on rotating stuff. Crank, rods, pistons, head work, cams, intake, and exhaust. Hell, I've actually spent $30,000.00 on go-fast on 1 car.
It's cool and fun to have a 10 second car, but it does cost.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
$5000 on a used 1 liter sports bike will get you 10 second quarter mile time slips, and 2.8 second 0-60 mph times.

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
The xB2 is surprisingly aerodynamic. only a .32 coefficient of drag.
But its frontal area is probably 50% more than the Si's, making the CdA roughly 50% larger, and the horsepower needs to push that much area really skyrocket.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Could probably get mid 15's, I used to run a 16.8 in my old 1Gen 1/4 mile. When I took the 2Gen I got about 3 lengths on the quickest 1Gen in a 1/8 mile. Both stick shifts with I/H/E and crank pulley.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I forget what the 2Gen ran in the 1/8th, but when I used a online 1/8 to 1/4 calculator, it told me 15.5.

When you run, turn off your traction control. You'll gain a 0.5 sec faster time.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
15's should be no problem on a Gen 2. I don't understand what the issue is. 75 Shot of nitrous and you would be in the 14 second range. Easy to hide under the rear and you would have a sleeper. Hell, I have run 14's in my gen 1.

·
Registered
860 Posts
$5000 on a used 1 liter sports bike will get you 10 second quarter mile time slips, and 2.8 second 0-60 mph times.
You're right, my '85 Ninja did 2.2 sec. 0-60 but the '71 Cougar XR7 with full leather, power steering, windows, and A/C took a lot to get into the 10's and not break every time I kicked it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts