Well the differences is gonna be color

* 3000K - Golden Yellow
* 4300K - Bright White (Hint of Yellow)
* 6000K - Crystal White
* 8000K - Crystal Blue (Hint of White)
* 10000K - Aqua Blue
* 12000K - Purple Blue
* 14000K - Purple
The 6000k and 8000k gonna have better usable light output /I got 6000k on mine and love them wish i had gotten them a long time ago u see so much better a night:)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the higher the kelvin temp the lower the light output.

and the bluer the light the more chances of being pulled over.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Okay...if you want to know the difference between 14000k and 6000k....its that you will not see the road vs. seeing the road at night. As for the other member who said that most auto companies use 6000k in their cars as well- thats incorrect. The auto manufactures use 4,100k on average. It depends on the projector, housing and also the COMPANY who makes the xenons for their cars that changes how each car company differes from the other. But 14000k is NOT SAFE AT ALL. Anything higher than 6000k is truely for asthetics and will not offer any additional lighting for your nightime driving. If someone sold you the 14000k id slap them for being such dumb as$es for selling it. So OEM xenon temp. is roughly 4100k, and 6000k will loose output and just offer a more blue apperarnce. You will gain nothing after 5000k at most. Hope this helped

·
Registered
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what im shootin for is the best light output but with that cool looking deep blue you see on most cars with nice HID's..... so would the 6000k.....i live in washington state and as long as you dont have blue LED's on your car that could resemble a cop you are alright by them....oh yeah and ofcorse if you arent speeding...but that goes for all states

·
Registered
39 Posts
polarproject said:
what im shootin for is the best light output but with that cool looking deep blue you see on most cars with nice HID's..... so would the 6000k.....i live in washington state and as long as you dont have blue LED's on your car that could resemble a cop you are alright by them....oh yeah and ofcorse if you arent speeding...but that goes for all states

hahaha you live in washington state and want 14000k HIDs!!!! You will for sure not be able to see the road when its wet. Guaranteed. And you want the best light output- which is no more than 4100k, and you want to stay away from blue lights- actually "LEDs" which look entirely different from HID's so no need to get them confused. Now I'll say it again lol...if you are NOT wanting the 'blue' look to stay away from the cops then WHY go for 14000k!!? it's LESS OUTPUT than even 6000k and you WILL get cops attention with those. Sorry you do not seem too content with the answer I provided you, however i've been there with past cars and if need be I'll actually try to find the kelvin scale to show you exaclty how you LOOSE light output on higher kelvin HID's...why do I feel like im saying what I said before over again?:confused: :(

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
6k doesn't lose too much output when wet. looks almost blueish and won't get you pulled over. whether it's best for him or not 6k will probably be the best compromise for him regarding all aspects.

·
Registered
296 Posts
6K is the way!! That being said I run 8's!? 8000K is a soft version of the 6000K, you get more blue and loose a little light output..depending on the kit the amount of blue varys my F1Spec kits in 8K do not have that much blue in them..

Here you go..

14K's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.