Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just recently putt some 14 koeing incident on and the seem the clear the caliper but when i drive around it make whinning noise at low speed.

i took it too america tire and toyota but they said it was just a loosed lug nut.

it still freaken doing it.. and no the whinning is not because the car want bigger will.. had to say that so you guy wont

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Tires??? did you buy new ones or use old ones you had....

IF the thread is uneven you will get a harmonic humming/whine noise...
Usally this happens when you drive on blown struts and the tires wear uneven...

Just a thought...

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
could be

the metal dust cover plate behind the caliper rubbing on inside of wheel ;)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm. i think i could be a blown strut/shock because the ride is more bumpy lately. i could fill every lump and bump 0n the road. hey my xb has about 21000+ so do they cover it under warranty

·
Registered
325 Posts
Could be the metal dust cover behind the rotor. Mine started whining sometimes after we worked on the suspensionfrom the left front. The dust shield wasn't actually touching anything, but apparently got slightly flexed during our work....you could tap on it and hear the very slightest tuning forky vibration. I bent the shield slightly...just kind pulled on it...after that tapping on it with my finger no longer brought any funny noise....and it no longer whined while driving. These shields are very flimsy and distort very easily...apparantly if they distort the right way they vibrate and make noise. Hope you noise is the same ...is easy to fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts