Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i just recently got 501's and dumped' on f2 coilovers. the front flares out more then the rear im thinkin' of gettin 10mm spacers and rollin my fenders. My question is if i get 10mm spacers do i need a chamber kit? im just going for a simple look. i dont want that crazy camber vip look. help me : | thanks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got the 5mm on mine with no problems.....Ive heard that the 10mm might have a rubbing issue so the camber kit or rolling your fenders might help.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got the 5mm on mine with no problems.....Ive heard that the 10mm might have a rubbing issue so the camber kit or rolling your fenders might help.
hmm, when you put on your 5mm did it even out the front and the rear? or does the front flare put a bit more? What kind of chamber kit would you recommend? I've been tryin to e mail OTG but they havent replied for almost a week = [

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

this what it looks like :( Im just worried that if i get 10mm will there be a issue or not? either way im rollin the rear fenders. and also do i need chamber kit what would you recommend?

·
x2 da b
327 Posts
i am running the camber plates and spacers. my rear wheel well is shaved down almost flat. they have never rubbed. if it didn't have the camber plates it would definitely rub, so if you get the spacers i would get the camber too, it looks crazy though :D read never rubbed ever with 4 adults in the car and my heave system.

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
hmm, when you put on your 5mm did it even out the front and the rear? or does the front flare put a bit more? What kind of chamber kit would you recommend? I've been tryin to e mail OTG but they havent replied for almost a week = [
The 5mm spacers didnt even it out completely but good enough for me. I know the 10mm should even it out for sure but I didnt want to install the camber shims due to uneven tire wear.

Here are some pics on this link.....you can judge for yourself if you think it comes out far enough for you.
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f5/7739-my-06-pw-few-mods-but/

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i am running the camber plates and spacers. my rear wheel well is shaved down almost flat. they have never rubbed. if it didn't have the camber plates it would definitely rub, so if you get the spacers i would get the camber too, it looks crazy though :D read never rubbed ever with 4 adults in the car and my heave system.
hmm what is your set up? did you get the the camber/spacer combo kit from OTG? I've been tryin to e mail them, but they havent e mailed me back. do they still sell them? :( :confused:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The 5mm spacers didnt even it out completely but good enough for me. I know the 10mm should even it out for sure but I didnt want to install the camber shims due to uneven tire wear.

Here are some pics on this link.....you can judge for yourself if you think it comes out far enough for you.
http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f5/7739-my-06-pw-few-mods-but/

hmmm, looks kinda even. i wanna see it up person ; [ i cant tell really well wit those picutures, but thanks = ]

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've talk to people at Autobacs they look at me like i was crazy and retarded for thinkin' of gettin 10mm spacers : [ they told me its not good for the ride and really eats the life of the tires. they are nice to look at but its not good. so im guessin im going for 5mm spacers : | any other opinions? HELP D:!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Huh? Spacers will not cause your tire to wear more. Those guys don't know what they are talking about. Who are you gonna trust more, some dudes at Autobacs (who probably don't own Scions) or people here on ClubxB with first hand experience?

If you space them out 10mm, you WILL need camber shims (especially since you are dumped on coilovers). You will want to roll your fenders as well if you haven't already. Maybe a little camber in front too if you're feeling adventurous. It's a little bit more effort, but it will improve your stance dramatically IMO.

If you are totally against camber, then you wil probably would not want to space them out more than 5mm.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
i think they sit nicely the way they are. the fronts are a little too spaced for me. but a 10mm shim would bring them perfectly together if thats what your after. i think it would look killer with some flairs and a nice camber kit. it would deffinately have a wicked stance.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You can also go the "trial and error" route:

Put on some cheapo 10mm spacers and see if they rub. If they do, have your fenders rolled and then try the spacers on again. If you still rub, raise your coilovers. If you stil rub after all that, then go down to a 5mm spacer.

If you're able to be rub-free with the cheapo 10mm spacer, switch em out to OTG spacer shims and you are done :)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Huh? Spacers will not cause your tire to wear more. Those guys don't know what they are talking about. Who are you gonna trust more, some dudes at Autobacs (who probably don't own Scions) or people here on ClubxB with first hand experience?

If you space them out 10mm, you WILL need camber shims (especially since you are dumped on coilovers). You will want to roll your fenders as well if you haven't already. Maybe a little camber in front too if you're feeling adventurous. It's a little bit more effort, but it will improve your stance dramatically IMO.

If you are totally against camber, then you wil probably would not want to space them out more than 5mm.
hmm, OTG have chamber kits for the front too? cool! i wanted to chamber the front too i didnt know they have them. thats why i was kinda agianst chamber because it would look weird if the rear is only chambered. i've been e mailin' them for the pass week no reply =[ there last update "04.30.06" are they still around ? : [ can anyone help me contact them?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
hmm, OTG have chamber kits for the front too? cool! i wanted to chamber the front too i didnt know they have them. thats why i was kinda agianst chamber because it would look weird if the rear is only chambered. i've been e mailin' them for the pass week no reply =[ there last update "04.30.06" are they still around ? : [ can anyone help me contact them?
For the front, you can get something like a Cusco plate for the top. They also make bolts that replace the oem ones. They let you adjust the camber. I seen a kit made by Progress. I think they are just cam bolts though.

Took me about 4 days to hear back from OTG. I sent a couple emails too. Keep trying, he'll get back to you.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For the front, you can get something like a Cusco plate for the top. They also make bolts that replace the oem ones. They let you adjust the camber. I seen a kit made by Progress. I think they are just cam bolts though.

Took me about 4 days to hear back from OTG. I sent a couple emails too. Keep trying, he'll get back to you.
so do i need both the top plate and the cambolts how does it work? ill guess ill head to autobacs and ask them some more questions :(

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
^^^^HAHAHH...Autobacs won't answer any of your questions when it comes to camber/spacers. I've asked and got the standard, "We can't recomend using those products.". It sounds like a store policy/legal thing to me. I swear that place is useless. Overpriced, never have stock on xb parts, and usually they don't give much helpfull advice when it comes to xb's. This is the place for first hand experience knowledge and keep trying to contac OTG.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts