Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i dont know if this is me, but my box is at 10K and having problems. im going to call tomorrow about getting it looked at since its still under warrenty. but i gotta ask, anyone else notice a change in performance at 10K??? it just seems like its gone slugish, and starting to act like an auto. ive got a manual tranny. any suggestions and help is great!!! feels like im losing a friend and need a dyno and compression test to know whats up:(

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
10,000 miles is enough time to burn your clutch if you ride it. Does the speed seem like it doesn't match the RPM's? Could be slipping.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I noticed my clutch has started to slip already at 10k too. POS clutch they put in this car, it's the worst feeling clutch I've ever driven.

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
lol thats funny short box:p i just got 10,000 miles on mine last month and still feels the same guess it depends on peoples drivin habits

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
At about 15 my cluth I thought was going out, but i continued to drive it. oddly enough, it feels back to normal now at 22K miles. I cant explain it, but it was giving me probs before, but now its good.

Moral the story though: The clutches in our trannys do suck pretty bad, and I wouldnt doubt thats your problem to some extent.

How are you on your oil changes and things of regular mainenance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great guyz, just Great!!! :mad: im thankful you told me, but anyone know how i might find where to get a dyno/compression test done to make sure the engine is fine??? oh surfcitylocal, ya it more or less is that the speed doesnt feel like it matches the rpm!!! whats up with that? well this definitely helps, and since its under warrenty its gettin looked at pronto! plus the miles are actually just about 9650...

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
reached that 10K mark a month ago and mine is an auto but i do feel sometimes that it does not pull as much, like less on torque now... the acceleration sucks now...

i guess thats $15K car... :(

·
Registered
240 Posts
well i have a stick also, and im sitting at 42,032 and i race my box at the track and have not had any probs as far as clutch, well not to mention no probs at all

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got 26k and I havent noticed any change in power, clutch still feels good.

·
Registered
45 Posts
well i got my box up to 13k
and about 10 k i did find my mpg going down .. but the speed .. it comes and goes.. i drive stick and race a lot....

i mean it is odd.. in one day i can go fast as hell with acceleriation of anything .. then the next redlight i barley start off..

dont know how to explainie it..

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
theboxboy said:
well i got my box up to 13k
and about 10 k i did find my mpg going down .. but the speed .. it comes and goes.. i drive stick and race a lot....

i mean it is odd.. in one day i can go fast as hell with acceleriation of anything .. then the next redlight i barley start off..

dont know how to explainie it..
exactly what i was getting...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
any recalls???

anyone know of any recalls on any of the scions??? the xb, tc, xa? be interesting to find out if there is something related to this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.