Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking of getting some bulbs like this.

the stock ones use 55/60 watt bulbs.

if i use very high wattage bulbs will that burn and fry my wires?
will it draw to much current from my battery?
in other words what do u guys recommend and think i should do?
if u got high watt bulbs, tell me how long u had them and ur experience with them.

thanks for your help guys.

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont want to upgrade the wires, but i would like the hid look for cheap.
anyone have 100/120 bulbs?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
At the very least you would need to go to a relay system and new power wiring to the higher power bulbs, otherwise you will likely fry the harnesses.

(Of course, if you do all that, there is still the chance the added heat from those bulbs would distort, or possibly even melt, parts of the plastic headlights...)

Tom

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
you can get them at pep boys.
the stock connectors and wiring have held up to those bulbs for years. they (the bulbs) dont last as long as stock watt bulbs and their more expensive, which makes replacement more of an occuring event.

if i may suggest the silverstar bulbs put out a great deal of light over the stock bulb at the same wattage. and they look bitchin. they have that crystal white look with just the slightest hue of blue in the headlight but not on the street. you can get a pair of them for -about- $35-or so at autozone.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
You can go with the Luminics Titanium bulb and still use your stock wiring which have a good look that is near HID. You can find them at the link below which is Next Level Motoring. The only problem you'll have with the silverstars is that they only hold up for 8-10 months!

Laz
AutomotiveLightingUSA.com

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
ive never had that problem with silverstars, ive had a pair in a car now for almost 2 years.

The Titanium bulbs are good. i hear alot of people say alot of good things about those. another good choice. Allthough dont purchase through luminicsdirect.com as they are out of business. theres a thread on here where a bunch of people got shafted by them. just make sure their in stock wherever you get them.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
ok a litttle ohms law for ya, 55w/14v=3.93 amps, and 60w/14v= 4.3 amps, now if you were to even try 100/120 watts can you guess how much current that would be. Well 100w/14v= 7.14 amps, 120w/14v= 8.5 amp, so you can try it, the fuse should blow before anything gets screwed

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lmao.
i completely understand skeeter
that is why i got the 55/60 instead of the 100/120
100/120 is so strong that im probably going to melt the wires, housing, lense, etc...

·
Banned
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^ i know what ur talking about
there are various sites for it, but the real legit site that is directly related to the company is
http://www.luminicsusa.com
there are other sites for luminics, but buy it from only the link i posted.
the other sites have been reported numerously because there online sites dont take online payments, ecpecially credit cards. so if u place an order, u probably wont see it.

so make sure u go to
http://www.luminicsusa.com/store.asp
if u want the real stuff

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.