Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings! I purchased my xB (Rozzy) used in 2010 and she has run beautifully ever since. A true cruise machine.

Unfortunately, the prior operator who was leasing the car had switched out the radio, so I only have the standard setup without AUX connection. After a few years, I did have bluetooth installed, so I can now listen to my music with the heavy base that Rozzy deserves.

A question for the group: my xB has what I would call "mood lights" (which can be switched between four different colors) illuminating the cupholders and the foot area in the front row. It's been suggested to me before that this was an aftermarket installation, and that in order for the previous leaser to install this feature, the nicer radio needed to be switched out. Does that sound right? And does anyone else have this "mood lighting" in their xB?

I don't claim to be a car expert but am certainly an enthusiast, and have been successfully completing a few DIY jobs on the car in my free time. I recently upgraded the headlights, replaced the plate lightbulbs, and have been wanting to replace the dead bulbs in the cargo area. I haven't been able to remove the plastic lens to reach the bulbs, as every time I try to pry it off it seems like it will break. Any advice as to where I should pry from, or a trick for removing the plastic cover? (See image below)

The family dog is also a huge fan :)

Tricky cargo area light

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
There was a dealer installed option for led lights installed in the cupholders and under dash. Should have been independent of the factory stereo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts