Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 05 XB, was very smooth at time of delivery, about July of last year, lately, I've noticed the ride is somewhat rougher than I remember it being, has anyone had a similar problem? , Seems a little to early to replace suspension components. I have been thinking about changing the ride height , any ideas/recommendations? ...other than layin' off the ''air time'' ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So , the front is struts, and the rear is shocks? I need to go and check! thanks for the help!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, hey on the rear , I could use some extra support, when I went on my trip this weekend, I had the XB loaded down quite a bit, I noticed the rear was quite a bit lower, the stock springs do not have enough strength to keep me level , should I go for a stiffer spring,[ and get a rough ride when alone ] or get some shocks with extra support, like the old school ''airshocks"", Bags would do the trick, but not in my budget. Any suggestions???I have seen some airbag ''helpers'' for like pickups, maybe someones has seen something for this problem??

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
nothing like that is offered for the xB.

If you want stiffer springs, you'll have to get lowering springs unfortunately.

the only way to combat this is to get coilovers, and raise up the back when you're going to carry heavy loads.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
1LowXB said:
tein coilovers you cant beat the ride they will give you...
YEP WHAY HE SAID

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Yeah, I too have noticed that the xB doesn't have 'excellent' loading capacity. Sure it can hold A LOT, but it doesn't do it very well.

Coilovers aren't always a solution to that, you can get away with just replacing the rear shocks with something that has a bit more load capacity to them. Your best bet though, is to get an adjustable kit. I would suggest Tokico since they're cheap, but the company says they're not really for street use...... ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.