Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you ever take your box to the track? If so, what kind of times have you ran and with what mods?

The first time I ran mine was Jan 05' around 60ish degrees. TRD muffler only.
My best time out of 8 runs was [email protected], Worst was [email protected]

The second time was in June alot hotter, Muffler, Quickshifter, Weapon R intake,Tein Springs. My best run was [email protected], Worst was [email protected]

I keep record of stuff like this. I'm not expecting exact times.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Nope. I just go by the seat of my pants! But, I know I surprise alot of cars on curves, the box rides like it's on rails. Check with our resident turbo box, he should have some interesting numbers........

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
You mean people actually do this with the xB's??? Of course, I'm not one of them, this is my family mobile and daily driving box (when I'm working of course;) ).

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I didn't run mine the day we were at the track last summer (it was too clean and DAMN heavy), but Riki did a few runs with his xB with a 25 shot of nitrous. I have proof of his 16.7, but the best of his day was a 16.4 in the 1/4:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
grizzly_choppers said:
I didn't run mine the day we were at the track last summer (it was too clean and DAMN heavy), but Riki did a few runs with his xB with a 25 shot of nitrous. I have proof of his 16.7, but the best of his day was a 16.4 in the 1/4:
Did he have anything else, besides nitrous? Any Idea what he was running without spray?

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
I just got back from NHRA Gatornationals in Gainesville FL. Saw many xBs while I was there but none on the track. Quite a few teams are using them as the tow vehicle to get their race cars to the starting line. Always looking cool too.

·
Registered
214 Posts
With only a few things taken out interior wise, 16.4. With the interior pretty much gone, 15.98. I don't drag often, i still hold the fastest n/a auto time i believe. :p I'm determind to convert all scion xb/xa owners to autocross.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:

/QUOTE]
Hey is that at KCIR last year?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
I can prolly run the 1/4 mile faster than I can drive it!

·
Wawazat?
189 Posts
boxwrench said:
Around here it's all about bracket racing. I came home from Infieon (then Sears point) with a trophy from running a beat up old 16 second El Camino

No arguement that faster is better though:D
Pick your time and make it match... It makes it about driver's skill not about the car's speed. I've never tried it, but it sounds fun.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Bracket racing is a cool way to see a xB beat a 10 second cobra lol. The fast cars hate bracket racing, but I like the fact it falls on skill, not how deep your pockets are.

·
Registered
206 Posts
my xB ran 11.34 sec on 1/4 miles ....................................................
........................................................................ when i was dreaming

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
what's funny is that the boxs run low 16's w/ a I/H/E combo, and yet I know a Tc that runs low 18'S W/ THE ihe combo. How is that. No stereo, no added weight. It's just an auto trans. I kicked her butt on the 71 going home the other night too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.