Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 09 xb and am looking at purchasing seats from a 2011 tc, the place is far away and the guy is not being helpful so I'm trying to figure out if the seat mounts are the same dimensions (I kno it will be lower) and if the airbag connectors r the same? Help please

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
I am going to say that it is highly unlikely that the seat mounts will be anywhere close to the same. They are 2 completely different vehicles.

I agree with Stenger, why tC seats? If you want to go for a sportier bucket seat get something from a higher end vehicle and make custom mounts. You will be much happier. Scion seats are not that nice to make it worth the hassle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As to why tc seats..... 1 I don't like moving around in the seat and feeling like I'm going to flop out in corners and the tc has better bolstering 2 I wanted a seat that had the same airbag set up and clips so I can keep the oem safety features (airbags) and am not wanting to do electrical mods to do so if I can avoid it

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Too be honest, I would not try and use the tC seat airbags with your car unless you find that they are the exact same part number. My guess is that your xB has a larger bag than the tC so the tC will not help you as much as you think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mercer thought of that ogerdgonz, maybe I should look for newer xb seats instead, still hard to come by tho

---------- Post added 12-03-2013 at 01:52 PM ----------

Damn auto correct Mercer = didn't....

·
4 Time Scion Owner
9,475 Posts
Understandable about wanting the seat air bags, and such. But you can probably find more comfortable, fitting seats from a non-scion car. The only mod's you'll need to do to make the air bags work, is re-wire the pigtail. If you took the pigtail from the OEM seat, and cut the pig tail off the neat seat, and just match hot/ground wires it should work just fine.

That being said, the air bag difference will probably be in the height of the air bag. The big difference is going to be where the bag deploys at in the seat. A Gen2 xB is going to deploy higher than a gen1 tC. Mainly because where the seat sits opposed to the door and the glass. More door/glass height on an xb2 than a tc1/other car.

I better seat might be looking at Camry, (no-corolla as they are the same as xb) Venza, Lexus ES/IS. The IS300 seats look awesome in leather in the xb1, so maybe they'll look just as bad ass in the xb2.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I used to have a '71 Camaro and would like to weigh in on this. Finding racing seats to fit a rare car such as that is impossible, so I had an epiphany. I found the seats I wanted, took my originals out, took the mounts off my originals and drilled them into the new seats frames. Takes a high torque drill and a buddy but it'll work just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts