Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a question for all "I.C.E." gurus. I recently purchased a '09 Reference Series 6.0. Came with a Pioneer AVIC F900BT AVN headunit. I have a question about my speakers. Are my speakers generic for all xB's for the '09 model year or did they upgrade them to match the Pioneer HU...?

The reason I ask is that there is power to spare with the Pioneer unit, but when cranking up the volume, well the speakers begin to give up the ghost so to speak. Hard to explain, but they get a little "crackly" with a fair amount of distortion. My train of thought is that Scion/Toyota did the typical car mfg thing. put in a nice AVN HU and to hell with the speakers...?

My next quandry is that if the speakers are regular plain Jane xB speakers, could someone recommend me a good replacement that would compliment the Pioneer unit w/o breaking the bank...? Thanks for listening and any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated......

·
Registered
39 Posts
the only thing i can think of off hand is crutchfield,they have an extensive list of information on what will fit ,than you can go from there and decide on what ones you want,:cool:

·
Banned User
13,121 Posts
whats a Reference Series?

they never changed the speakers from the base model to the RS models or for the radio upgrades... they are the generic Toyota speakers so go from there

·
jpfxB
4,139 Posts
Heres a question for all "I.C.E." gurus. I recently purchased a '09 Reference Series 6.0. Came with a Pioneer AVIC F900BT AVN headunit. I have a question about my speakers. Are my speakers generic for all xB's for the '09 model year or did they upgrade them to match the Pioneer HU...?

The reason I ask is that there is power to spare with the Pioneer unit, but when cranking up the volume, well the speakers begin to give up the ghost so to speak. Hard to explain, but they get a little "crackly" with a fair amount of distortion. My train of thought is that Scion/Toyota did the typical car mfg thing. put in a nice AVN HU and to hell with the speakers...?

My next quandry is that if the speakers are regular plain Jane xB speakers, could someone recommend me a good replacement that would compliment the Pioneer unit w/o breaking the bank...? Thanks for listening and any and all suggestions would be highly appreciated......
Go with Alpine type-R to start with. Then upgrade with a four channel amp when money allows.

<3 a Skyon

·
Registered
28 Posts
Polk Audio usually has some good prices on crutchfield and I've read a lot of good reviews on them but haven't heard any myself.

·
Missing a couple doors
3,942 Posts
I run everything JL in my tC and love the sound. Prices weren't horrible either.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have Polk Audio in my truck. 6.5" They sound great. Crutchfield is great for information but I wouldn't pay their high prices. Polk Audio db6501..... $97 cheaper on Amazon

·
No longer SW now Supa Red
136 Posts
I have an release series 6.0, and the speakers where the same that were in my standard 09. I used some Morel Maximo 6.5 in the front and move my stock 6.5 to the rear doors to keep some mid bass. Works out really well. Made the tweeters fit in the stock location and have them angled to the driver and passenger seats for proper sound staging. Normally I am an Infinity guy, but the new Kappa series are made by Harmon and aren't as good as the old original Infinity made Kappa series. So I switched my loyalty. The Morels are very, very nice I love crisp clean highs and these are great.

·
Missing a couple doors
3,942 Posts
^^^^^^^Question how did you remove the speakers? mine are riveted in
Drill the rivets out.

Also in the future pay attention to post dates. This thread is over 3 years old. Don't be scared to post a new thread if you can't find the answer you're looking for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts