·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
552 Posts
I still don't like it, BUT I do wish my auto had the semi-auto shift option

It lets you have the best of both worlds, I loved that in my other car!!!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I'm liking it more and more...hey honey, wanna trade in your Camry? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too am one of the few the like the new xB...Change is good and sometimes needed...I do think they should have changed the name though...I also thought it was ALOT bigger from the pictures but the guy in the video says it's only a foot longer...I can't wait to check one out in person...

·
Banned
199 Posts
so are they all coming stock with the 2.4l engine?
how is the fuel economy going to be like?
i think it is going to be worst then the tc fuel efficency because it is a bigger heavier car.
i bought my xb for the fuel effeciency, i have the 2006.5 xb bought 2 weeks ago.
if it cant produce near or better than the 30/34 mpg, i wont be very interested.

·
Registered
199 Posts
good find on the video, but man I CAN'T read the article... that writing style? is awful...

·
Registered
309 Posts
dont really like the look of it from the pics maybe i'll change my mind if i see it in person but i think my biggest concern would be how is this new xb going to handle?

with the added size of the car + weight with the larger engine the car wont be as nimble as the first generation.

·
Registered
552 Posts
From that video it looks as the back seat lost some leg room too. That's a big deal for me as I'm almost 6'5". In the real xB I can set the front seat where I can drive (almost all the way back) and still get in the back and not have my knees touch the front seat. That was a huge selling point for me as most of my friends are over 6' too.

It's not a bad car, just wish they would of called it something else. Either way I'd wouldn't buy it from what I've seen, maybe an in person sighting will be better to judge it.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If I was to guess, I'd say around 17k.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The new xB has a 2.4

The new xD has a 1.8

You will NOT see a 2.4 in the xD.

I really like the xD, as it's much improved over the xA.....By US standards.

I'd rather roll the xD over the xB, but Scion would have to GIVE me the car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The new xB has a 2.4

.........I really like the xD, as it's much improved over the xA.....By US standards.

I'd rather roll the xD over the xB, but Scion would have to GIVE me the car.
^^^^I 100% AGREE^^^^^

The xD is way nicer looking than the xA. I hate the xA as much as the new xB wanna-be.

I don't see why everyone is so crazy about the bigger engine in the NEW xB. I bought the xB (real one) for the gas milage.

If I wanted a fast car I would of bought a sportscar like this

It's a 4cylinder too :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Damn videos take forever to download on this computer. Stupid overtaxed work connection!

Anyway, thanks for the finds. I'll get to see 'em in person on Thursday and I'm pretty excited.

Remember those who have mentioned the new 2.4L in the xB that it will have the CAMRY tune (according to the hp numbers), not the tC tune. Also remember that the #1 complaint about the "xB Classic" (thank you Tomas for the nomenclature, I really like it!) was a LACK OF POWER. Trust me, I heard that A LOT and actually changed my presentation of these vehicles because of it.

-Alex

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.