Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt to install a 2way remote start with keyless entry. I decided to purchase a kit off of ebay for a little under $100 with shipping called Performance Teknique back in september so I can be "ready" for winter.. Part/model # is ICBM-7071

Well since last night, Tuesday, I spent 5 hours searching for wiring diagrams and labeling each wire on the module and harnesses as well as writing them down on a sheet of paper so I can have a smooth process..

BUT I did run into some "where and how would I wire this up" problems. I hope this can serve as helpful guide to others as I ones I read didn't go much into detail...

My first and most important question is... I have a relay that I need to wire in

Orange wire goes to a (-) 500mA that is ground-when-armed Output to Starter Killer...I get this one...

The Yellow wire and one green of 2, both go to the "KEY ON" position of the Key cylinder..i get this one...

2 green wires, one goes to the "distributor" and the other to "key on" that says I need to cut the power supply to.. I am totally lost here since we don't have a distributor..or um that I know of.. Do I wire it in to the BLACK on the IGN harness since its (+)??

2nd...dome light.. the one in my system says its supposed to go to a relay because it cannot support the current draw of one or more light bulbs. This wire is to drive only for a relay or a low-current input. It can only supply 200mA of current..

I read on most guides people are using the door trigger wire.. but I just want to double check if this is ok or what should I do?

3rd...how do I wire in a relay for the trunk release? It would be nice to be able to use this feature..

4th... windows rolling up feature.. It says connect to a power window module..its a (-) 500mA.. how can I connect this and does this roll up ALL of the windows?

5th...I have a feature thats called 2nd unlock( pass unlock) output..not important but hey its there..Where pressing the unlock once unlocks driver side, pressing twice unlocks all door..how do I wire this in? Totally lost on this one..If I can't wire/use it.. then cool..I might live..

6th...I have one more programmable (-)200mA output with .8, 1.5, and latched, reset with IGN, Outputs that send a ground pulse... What do you suggest and what can I do to this.. I have a stock xB and don't plan on doing nothing to it..

That is it for now.. I got the basics labeled but I would like to do this all together and have someone confirm my first important question :cool:

·
Pishtaco
3,956 Posts
The simplest way to understand the relay is to figure which two wires feed the trigger circuit. Then figure out which two wires should be connected when the relay is in the NC (normally closed) position, and which two should be connected in the NO (normally open, triggered) position.

·
不運フォーチ&#
237 Posts
This is my first attempt to install a 2way remote start with keyless entry. I decided to purchase a kit off of ebay for a little under $100 with shipping called Performance Teknique back in september so I can be "ready" for winter.. Part/model # is ICBM-7071

Well since last night, Tuesday, I spent 5 hours searching for wiring diagrams and labeling each wire on the module and harnesses as well as writing them down on a sheet of paper so I can have a smooth process..

BUT I did run into some "where and how would I wire this up" problems. I hope this can serve as helpful guide to others as I ones I read didn't go much into detail...

My first and most important question is... I have a relay that I need to wire in

Orange wire goes to a (-) 500mA that is ground-when-armed Output to Starter Killer...I get this one...

The Yellow wire and one green of 2, both go to the "KEY ON" position of the Key cylinder..i get this one...

2 green wires, one goes to the "distributor" and the other to "key on" that says I need to cut the power supply to.. I am totally lost here since we don't have a distributor..or um that I know of.. Do I wire it in to the BLACK on the IGN harness since its (+)??

2nd...dome light.. the one in my system says its supposed to go to a relay because it cannot support the current draw of one or more light bulbs. This wire is to drive only for a relay or a low-current input. It can only supply 200mA of current..

I read on most guides people are using the door trigger wire.. but I just want to double check if this is ok or what should I do?

3rd...how do I wire in a relay for the trunk release? It would be nice to be able to use this feature..

4th... windows rolling up feature.. It says connect to a power window module..its a (-) 500mA.. how can I connect this and does this roll up ALL of the windows?

5th...I have a feature thats called 2nd unlock( pass unlock) output..not important but hey its there..Where pressing the unlock once unlocks driver side, pressing twice unlocks all door..how do I wire this in? Totally lost on this one..If I can't wire/use it.. then cool..I might live..

6th...I have one more programmable (-)200mA output with .8, 1.5, and latched, reset with IGN, Outputs that send a ground pulse... What do you suggest and what can I do to this.. I have a stock xB and don't plan on doing nothing to it..

That is it for now.. I got the basics labeled but I would like to do this all together and have someone confirm my first important question :cool:
Did you get your system installed yet. If not let me know I use to work for Music In Motion in Chicago Highs and Crestwood.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.