Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if scion has made any improvements to the 06 the only noticable difference i saw was the ipod jack moved to the parking brake
has scion addressed the
paint thinness
rattles and wind noise
stronger windshield
Weak A/C
Stereo skip up a frequency

i got these issues by searching few sites and was wondering if anyone has noticed any differences in the 05 to 06 models
is there anything i missed that may have been improved

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I have an 06 and it is great. I have read on this site and others that Scion has addressed the weak AC, the stereo problem and one of the rattle problems. I still notice wind noise although not that bad and the paint is still pretty thin. The windshield problem is more the angle than the thickness of the glass. Short of bulletproof glass, anything traveling at a high rate of speed at an almost 90 degree vertical is going take some hard hits from rocks and debrit. All things considered it's a great vehicle.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Well, I love my 06, but what is up with the stereo skipping up a frequency when I try to turn the volume up? It only does it occasionally, but it's annoying.

I'll let you know about the AC here in a few months.........Texas gets hot fast.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Funny I dont have an AC problem but my husband does in the yellow one. He always complains that mine is way cooler. One day we checked it out and hes right...in the middle of a NV heatwave...it worked in MY favor! I got to drive!! :D

I wonder what the problem is...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hubbard said:
Well, I love my 06, but what is up with the stereo skipping up a frequency when I try to turn the volume up? It only does it occasionally, but it's annoying.

I'll let you know about the AC here in a few months.........Texas gets hot fast.
now is this problem on the stock and the upgraded ipod one because although i will not use the ipod function very much i like the layout but i dont wanna spend 250 for an upgrade that doesnt work properly

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
lostreception said:
now is this problem on the stock and the upgraded ipod one because although i will not use the ipod function very much i like the layout but i dont wanna spend 250 for an upgrade that doesnt work properly
The problem was only on the stock radio. I had the problem with my stock head unit while I was waiting for my iPod upgrade to be installed. Once the new one was in I no longer had the problem. I tried to find the post on SL that told of a Scion replacement for stock head units but couldn't. You may want to check with your dealer and see what the deal is. For those who haven't experienced the problem, the station would change up .2 on the frequency on it's own. Mine only did it a few times but it still gets to be a PITA.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
the rear spray nozzel is longer, and has two outlets...its almost 3/4 inch long... the old one is like a half an inch, with one, dribbly outlet.

I have never had a problem with the A/C I live in Houston, and it is always plenty cool.

But the paint is WAY too cheap, I want to kick a scion person in the balls for that one.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sir said:
But the paint is WAY too cheap, I want to kick a scion person in the balls for that one.
ROTFLMAO Their scrotum is probably thicker than the paint! :eek:

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
lets test...lets shoot little rocks and sand at their scrotum at 60+ MPH and see if it chips LOL ;)

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Funny stuff! :D :D

We too have an '06. (well the wife does, technically!) She listens to SAT radio sometimes, but mostly it's CD's. So the radio is not a problem....... so far. And the rear wiper's gone. (took it off as soon as it hit the garage!) Guess time will tell as far as the paint. The material for the seats seem to be a little rougher to the touch IMO.......

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Sir said:
lets test...lets shoot little rocks and sand at their scrotum at 60+ MPH and see if it chips LOL ;)
We could offer them the "paint protection" offer that my dealer offered me for an extra 500 bucks. Maybe it would help to protect their ball sack. I don't know anyone who has ever purchased that protection so I can't say that it would help the Box paint. My girlfriend did buy it when she got her Camry but I ran her back down to the dealer to stop the process before they could do it. I also had them stop the undercoating and interior protection package. (she wanted to go buy the car on her own...bad idea) May I point out her hair color......

Thank God she doesn't check this site :eek:

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
I got the paint protection...only because my parents payed for it....trust me, it makes no diff.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
lostreception said:
The iPod function works good on my Toaster. I have no problems. And I haven't tested out the AC yet but i hope it's good and I have no problems with the paint yet..

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
HOW DARE you call mine an '06 POINT 5!!!! Hmph. :mad:

Umm, seriously though, I don't really care for the newer seats in mine. Scratchy. Would love to get some custom upholstery.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.