Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Zapatito (Xb)
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently about 5 tanks ago my 06 Xb has been having trouble starting specifically after I have put gas in. It almost feels like the filter in the fuel pump is bad? I’ll have to crank it like 10 times in a few minute intervals then eventually it starts but I have to give it gas and hold the ignition until it starts , I was thinking possibly the crank sensor as well?

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
153 Posts
I also have an 06 with about 175K miles, and am pretty sure the fuel pump is going out. I'm probably just going to replace it whether or not it's the cause, as Toyota recommends replacing them at 150K miles anyway, IIRC...

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,680 Posts
Sounds like an issue with the evap system since it only happens after filling the tank. I know there was a design issue with the 1st gen filler neck that caused problem but I believe it was fixed before the 06 model year. Try only filling to 3/4 of a tank and see if it happens. If not then it might be over filling and backing up in the filler neck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently about 5 tanks ago my 06 Xb has been having trouble starting specifically after I have put gas in. It almost feels like the filter in the fuel pump is bad? I’ll have to crank it like 10 times in a few minute intervals then eventually it starts but I have to give it gas and hold the ignition until it starts , I was thinking possibly the crank sens
Sounds like an issue with the evap system since it only happens after filling the tank. I know there was a design issue with the 1st gen filler neck that caused problem but I believe it was fixed before the 06 model year. Try only filling to 3/4 of a tank and see if it happens. If not then it might be over filling and backing up in the filler neck.
my 08 scion xb is giving me the same problem, i have been driving with evap system codes but now starting after fillups has been difficult, thanks for info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts