Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So..... I got my 06 Xb with 9 miles on it. It's at 215k miles now. I've never ever had problems with it.... till recently. The dash lights came on and it was bogging way down. It got to where it'd die on me. I took it in and is throwing a code for the MAF sensor. Put a new one in and all was better.... for a month or so. It started the same bull and the shop put another new MAF sensor in as that's the only code it'll put off. Was good for 2 days this time and here we are again!!!!馃槨馃槶 anybody else had this issue?? I don't know what to do at this point except drive it off a cliff. I've babied the hell out of this car!!!! Every 3k mile oil changes.....ALL of it. What's the deal with this MAF sensor mess?
Thanks yall. Amber

Registered
So..... I got my 06 Xb with 9 miles on it. It's at 215k miles now. I've never ever had problems with it.... till recently. The dash lights came on and it was bogging way down. It got to where it'd die on me. I took it in and is throwing a code for the MAF sensor. Put a new one in and all was better.... for a month or so. It started the same bull and the shop put another new MAF sensor in as that's the only code it'll put off. Was good for 2 days this time and here we are again!!!!馃槨馃槶 anybody else had this issue?? I don't know what to do at this point except drive it off a cliff. I've babied the hell out of this car!!!! Every 3k mile oil changes.....ALL of it. What's the deal with this MAF sensor mess?
Thanks yall. Amber
Also sounds like dirty fuel injectors too

xB Leaving Pit Soon
Most likely the shop cleaned the sensor connector. But just in case, use some MAF spray cleaner on the contacts. Do not use a brush, rag, or anything else to touch the contacts, a few sprays with the cleaner is all that is needed. Important, do not use alcohol on the contacts, that can damage the sensor. Good luck with the issue.

Super Moderator
2006 Scion xB Automatic
Would a clogged CAT cause a code like that to be thrown? Just throwing a crazy idea out there, it sure seems like lots of people have been having CAT issues lately.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank yall for your ideas!!! The MAF sensor had be cleaned.... then a new one put it when it started this mess again and putting out the same code. Injectors are good...... new thought tho...just because it's the same code every time and a brand new MAF sensor didn't fix it, MAF and Throttle Position sensors have to work together ( don't they???) Before I run out and get a new TPS, what do yall think?? Is it a "more than likely not the answer" answer.. ??? I'm desperate guys!!! Thank you thank you!!! Amber

Registered
I had something similar with my 06, it was throwing the MAF code Every couple days and would sometimes die. Finally found the intake tube was not fully on the throttle body. It had a gap on the lower side where I couldn鈥檛 see it. Resecured and no more MAF codes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah ha!!!! The TPS is related to the MAF sensor!! And the TPS finally fixed the problem!!!! I believe it took replacing both of them tho. It's weird that the only code it'd put off tho was the MAF sensor..... so, heads up on that one guys!! Thanks for yalls guidance!! I appreciate yous!
Amber

Registered
Ah ha!!!! The TPS is related to the MAF sensor!! And the TPS finally fixed the problem!!!! I believe it took replacing both of them tho. It's weird that the only code it'd put off tho was the MAF sensor..... so, heads up on that one guys!! Thanks for yalls guidance!! I appreciate yous!
Amber
Whew!!! Glad it's up and running 馃弮鈥嶁檧锔

1 - 10 of 10 Posts