Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

heres a pic to show you what i mean but im wondering if anyone knows if anything is in the old spot where the lights used to be. or if its just unused space.
i would have liked 3 rocker switches but its ok its no big deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
Where were they before? Mine are like the pic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
368 Posts
In my '04 that is where the Scion Security led and glass sensor is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
It must be an 06.5 thing. I have an 06 and it's not that way.

Sure am glad, the new way looks nasty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea thats what i mean i guess it was all 06's i was looking at then tha thave the seatbelt button there on the upper dash
looks like ill have to take it aprt and see if theres leds behind it (the top one)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,923 Posts
lostreception said:
yea thats what i mean i guess it was all 06's i was looking at then tha thave the seatbelt button there on the upper dash
looks like ill have to take it aprt and see if theres leds behind it (the top one)
Could make yourself a cool little Knight Rider mod there with some red led's.
 

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
Joined
·
2,912 Posts
mine is in the old spot. That new spot looks stupid. They should fire the person who thought of that.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
lostreception said:

heres a pic to show you what i mean but im wondering if anyone knows if anything is in the old spot where the lights used to be. or if its just unused space.
i would have liked 3 rocker switches but its ok its no big deal

Looks like you can turn the passenger air bag off. You can't on my 05', wonder why they switched.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
827 Posts
You cant manually turn it off, it senses weight on the seat and automaticly turns it off if a kid sits there.
 

·
Who am I to say this?
Joined
·
2,110 Posts
alittlebitcrazy said:
I have an 06, and didn't know there was a sensor for the air bag, I thought it was just the seat belt. Is it installed on all 06's?

Thanks!

Tarra
Pretty sure it is.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
To my knowledge the light was moved when they started using the second generation airbags in the xB (2006.5). I'm assuming that they moved the light because it wouldn't physically fit in the old location without rubbing or something like that.

Although I haven't taken apart a 2006.5 yet so I don't know for sure.

-Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
xjeepguy said:
You cant manually turn it off, it senses weight on the seat and automaticly turns it off if a kid sits there.
That kid doesn't have to weigh much then. If I put my cd case(296 cds) and my tool belt, the light starts to blink. Hell, even if I put my fat hand down on the seat the light will start to blink.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
That kid doesn't have to weigh much then. If I put my cd case(296 cds) and my tool belt, the light starts to blink. Hell, even if I put my fat hand down on the seat the light will start to blink.
In the 2006.5 models it is more than an on/off switch. It's an actual weight sensor and will blow the bag at a different rate depending on the weight of the person sitting in the seat.

This is not the case with the 2006 and prior models. On those if the bag is on, it's on 100% and yes, the switch is sensitive. On these vehicles it's EXTREMELY important to put those kids in the back seat.

-Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
In the 2006.5 models it is more than an on/off switch. It's an actual weight sensor and will blow the bag at a different rate depending on the weight of the person sitting in the seat.

This is not the case with the 2006 and prior models. On those if the bag is on, it's on 100% and yes, the switch is sensitive. On these vehicles it's EXTREMELY important to put those kids in the back seat.

-Alex
Isn't if they are under the age of 12 or under 90lbs they are to be sitting in the back? I know thats the law out here in Cali at least.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,573 Posts
BOXlover11 said:
Isn't if they are under the age of 12 or under 90lbs they are to be sitting in the back? I know thats the law out here in Cali at least.
Yeah, laws vary from state to state. That sounds about like the Iowa law to me though.

Personally, I survived driving around for many years in my friend Randy's Dad's Dodge van. It had two seats (Driver = Dad, Passenger = Mom) and half a dozen milk crates (for all of us).

People forget how rubbery kids can be when they bounce off a dashboard!:eek:

-Alex
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top