Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
06 & 06.5 Bad Update!!!!

Hey new owners....

Anyone change their stock tail lights yet??

I put on the LED's and I blew out six fuses!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

THEN....I purchased the BCool Billet Grille FROM TOYOTA!!! And it doesnt fit!!

The middle is too long the bottom is too narrow and the top one has NO place to attach bc they changed the way they attached the head lights so where the grille hooks up theres black plastic and two screws there now where on my husbands there is NOTHING! Like say on the side of the headlight housing next to the stock grille. KWIM? I forgot to take pics of course! :rolleyes:

Anyone running into any other issues?

With the bumper size changed Im hoping my fog lights fit! :rolleyes:

Thanks for ANY help or info!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Huh, I don't know the layout of the B-Cool grilles so I can't comment there. I do know that the attachment points for the Putco grilles appear to be the same though. Those attach in the stock points at the bottom and with the two bolts in the upper tie bar at the top.

Sorry I can't be of more help!

-Alex

·
Registered
485 Posts
well i will say i feel a lot more scared w/ installing LED's all on my own after reading you blew 6 fuses.only problem i have run into on my 06 xb is my entire stereo system (stock speakers and AM subwoofer) not working. This happens every day and only way i can fix it is turn the keys ones and it doesnt come on, then take the keys out and put them back in and turn therm again. i dunno what its doin. But yeah, thats my prob

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

I dont know what the issue was with the grille but where its supposed to bolt on there is now something bolted there already and its holding the headlights on now. :(

·
Registered
219 Posts
i changed my tails to LED's including the blinkers. no probs, just had little issues with the equalizers. i wonder what's going on with yours

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Just still having alarm issues, but that's my fault for not taking it back in for them to look at it. Gonna take care of that in a couple days.

·
Registered
48 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Hey new owners....

Anyone change their stock tail lights yet??

I put on the LED's and I blew out six fuses!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

THEN....I purchased the BCool Billet Grille FROM TOYOTA!!! And it doesnt fit!!

The middle is too long the bottom is too narrow and the top one has NO place to attach bc they changed the way they attached the head lights so where the grille hooks up theres black plastic and two screws there now where on my husbands there is NOTHING! Like say on the side of the headlight housing next to the stock grille. KWIM? I forgot to take pics of course! :rolleyes:

Anyone running into any other issues?

With the bumper size changed Im hoping my fog lights fit! :rolleyes:

Thanks for ANY help or info!
I think I'll just keep my stock stuff. I was a little upset when "someone" removed my wiper and emblem off of the hatch without asking me first. (I like it now.) I'm not sure about that technical stuff like fuses and all, but it just doesn't seem right on a brand new box.

·
Registered
827 Posts
SUSIEQ619 said:
I was a little upset when "someone" removed my wiper and emblem off of the hatch without asking me first.

LOL Dion got in trouble :D
In the dark of night using his cat-like ninja skills, the masked modder strikes again!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
xjeepguy said:
LOL Dion got in trouble :D
In the dark of night using his cat-like ninja skills, the masked modder strikes again!!
It's true. Right after we got it home, I went to "work." By the time she had called her sister to tell her about the box and say she was coming over to show her, I was done! (Elapsed time for both mods - 15 minutes!)

Watch out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.