Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my second 2005 xB (an RS2 in beautiful solar yellow!) but my mechanic is having an issue getting it to pass inspection. When he initially hooked up his scanner, 4 systems were coming up as incomplete (neither he nor I had reset the system). The car sat for about 3 weeks beforehand while waiting for DMV to get their act together and mail me my registration/plates, but I drove the car from NJ to Long Island with no issues whatsoever, which is more than enough to get the systems to set. My mechanic drove the car around the bit with the scanner hooked up and got 2 of the 4 incompletes to come up as ready. Then the next day he informed me that all 4 came up as incomplete again. Seems like the CPU is being reset somehow... Has anyone ever encountered this? My mechanic is very good and has worked on my previous xB for 6+ years. He's confident he can track down the issue but I took the car home for the holiday weekend and said I would do some research. Appreciate any info I can pass along...

Thanks!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I'd say either the ecu fuse is sketchy or the ecu itself is on it's way out. Can't think of anything else that would be causing that. If battery was skipping out doubt it'd start. Are the radio presets and/or trip settings going away too. I know evap is the one that takes the longest to get to ready state after reset. Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sounds like the ECU is losing power or something along those lines causing it to reset the memory. Have you tested the health condition of your battery?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts