Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice......

I have an 05 xb with the stock scion pioneer T1804 in it. The volume down button is stuck and no longer works. I have an aftermarket ipod adapter that runs when you press the CD button twice. The CD player will no longer eject the CDs.

I would like to replace this unit with another Scion Pioneer unit that has a volume knob. I would also like to swap the ipod connector to the new unit in the process.

There are many "new" scion pioneer units on ebay. Interested in knowing if the more recent models will work in my 05 and which model is preferred? Looking for a model that is a little more reliable.

I'm considering a T1808, T1807 or a T1806 because these units have volume knobs instead of buttons. Based on my previous experience I think I need to stay away from volume buttons. Are these decent units? Should I be considering something else?

Thanks!!!

·
Dead box
1,095 Posts
When my OE Pioneer unit went out on my '05 earlier this year, I replaced it with a lower-end JVC unit with Bluetooth & USB. I got this one from Crutchfield: JVC KD-R850BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com The sound on the stock speakers is a little better than the original unit, and I really like the one-touch voice dialing via Bluetooth. It's obviously a single DIN model, but Crutchfield's install kit & instructions made everything pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate the feedback but I'm really interested in sticking with a stock Scion Pioneer replacement. However, I'd just like to upgrade to a different model.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts