Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i am new to the forum. As for my question, i just bought my sister a 2004 scion xB. Long story short i had her smog it (we live in California) and it failed for a code that was p0171 so i replaced the MAF sensor. But the smog place also told her the check engine light doesn't come on at all. I pulled the cluster housing and face to find the check engine light led was removed as well as the traction control light. I realize people do this to sell a bad car, my bad for not checking when i bought the car. My question is can i buy replacement led's to fix the issue? Or do i have to buy a replacement cluster panel so the car can smog? We're currently stuck not being able to register the car because of this problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks much.

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,479 Posts
If you have a low wattage soldering iron and can do surface mount soldering then yes you can just get some replacement LEDs off Ebay and solder them onto the instrument panel.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Are they really LED? If they are actaully tiny T4 neo wedge twist in bulbs like in the climate control panel then you can have those because I replaced mine with LEDs. I have 3.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Are they really LED? If they are actaully tiny T4 neo wedge twist in bulbs like in the climate control panel then you can have those because I replaced mine with LEDs. I have 3.
the actual cluster panel has soldered on LEDs, not plug and play like the HVAC controls are. I wish they were that easy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts