Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We received a letter and a call from a dealership wanting to buy our 04 hot lava. Whats the deal???? I havent called or gone by there yet but you know they will only offer whole sale, but I have the advantage this time!!!!:D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
I've received a couple of letters asking me to sell my Box back and I just have a PW. Usually it's an attempt to sell you a new car. Remember, the resale on these Boxes is outstanding and dealers love to get them on the lot. There are two for sale down the street from me for over 16,000 and they are both '04's.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
First, crap, I owe you a mirror or at least some info. Sorry buddy. I'm on it tonight!

Second, yeah, it's a fairly common promotion to send out letters like that to folks with cars that are a couple of years old. Dealerships generally do this when new car sales are slow and they are low on quality used vehicles.

You may actually get a few hundred more than usual for your trade during one of these periods, but don't expect to get KBB retail or anything like that.

-Alex

·
Registered
22 Posts
oh , please! Its a come on.. a gimmick.. Yeah we really want you car so bad, that we might cough up a couple of bucks.. NOT. They also know that a car that is 3 years old is right at the point where the depreciation slows considerably so they have less to lose.

Trust me, they will give you nothing for your car. Zip.

Keep it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.