Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just replaced my o2 sensor and the wires were touching , pretty sure I blew the fuse. Now car will crank but won’t start . I’m trying to figure out if my ecu is blown or if I need a new o2 sensor or something else ???Need my car for work , need help asap

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,635 Posts
Just replaced my o2 sensor and the wires were touching , pretty sure I blew the fuse. Now car will crank but won’t start . I’m trying to figure out if my ecu is blown or if I need a new o2 sensor or something else ???Need my car for work , need help asap
Most likely something had been left unplugged but no way to tell from here. Have you run a code reader on it to see what the ECU says is wrong? That would help in diagnosing the problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Most likely something had been left unplugged but no way to tell from here. Have you run a code reader on it to see what the ECU says is wrong? That would help in diagnosing the problem.
I replaced the fuse and the car will now start but immediately starts chugging and shuts off , I’m guessing it’s the gotta be something electrical, fuel pump was fine before I replaced o2 sensor .Will try to update. I will try a code reader next and see .

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
85 Posts
Dumb "try it" suggestion, but maybe disconnect the battery for 10 minutes just to reset the ECU? Maybe the older O2 sensor had become accustomed to a bit of dirt or whatever else?

Disclaimer: Grasping at straws, not an automotive expert. :D

Also, pretty sure RK is a bot. As evidenced above. Do mods keep an eye out for that here? I'm new, so I don't even know who to alert yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So ended up just needing to let it sit for a day after replacing the efi fuse. I think it was flooded a bit from me hitting the gas pedal while trying to start the day before. Cranked it up this morning and it was sluggish at first and chugged a bit but now it’s running great. Fuse was blown from wires touching after all. 3$ fix

1 - 8 of 8 Posts