Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be a popular topic as of late, but I think I'm gonna go with the 002's in red for my black xb. 15x8- 0 offset. My question is: will I need to do anything else to my ride, or can I just slap the wheels on there, get an alignment, and be done? I'm also prolly going with the df210 springs. all of this isnt going on the car till after winter, but I'm gonna order it for the time being. Does anyone else have this set up? Or what will I need to do other than springs and the wheels? Roll fenders? I'm not too sure. I dont wanna do a half ass job. Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I guess it depends on your personal preference. I'm a clean JDM guy myself. I like the smaller wheels. Clean exterior. dumped!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Im big on JDM so I decided to go with small wheels. I used 10mm spacers in the rear. It will do the job. As far as rolling the fenders, that is a MUST. That way you dont go missing chunks of your tires. Remember you only need them for the rear.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yes. The body of the Xb for some reason is weird like that. But just in the rear. Check my profile, and look at the rear shots, that is 10mm spacers. If your not going with flares, it is a nice spacing. I wouldnt go more than that.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Rolled rear fenders, cusco camber plates up front, OTG spacer and camber shims in back, 195/45/15 series tires, and dropped 3.5" would be the sex! ;)

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dude, like I say to those with small wheels and camber. To each his own. I'd rather roll as much of the fender as possible to avoid camber. But if you like it, I suggest you call one ton garage, and order their camber/spacer combo. Make sure its -3 degrees on the camber. Anymore you''' make the car look funny. Thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hows the tire wear with that set up anyway? I never asked that.

·
Registered
426 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Yeah. One of my buddies did them for me.

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
blkxb06 said:
I'm feelin you're set up ThunderGod! hat do you run?
thank you.

blkxb06 said:
**What** as far as springs/tires/spacers/ etc...
195/50/15,
D2 Coilovers,
(2) GOLDLINE Camber bolts up front -3,
GARSON Camber plates in the rear -5.

i didnt roll the rear fender, i grinded the inner rear lip off of the fender instead. i suggest that you get it rolled instead, and have a person do it and knows what he is doing. rolling the fenders take a little time, plus chipping your paint maybe a factor if rolling is not done with care.

there are some shops that may do that for you, ranging from $50.00-$150.00
just do your reseach and look who has been around, and does custom body work and all around your town.

some peeps (few, very few, maybe one?) who are running these rims tell me that they dont scrub, well on most occasions, unless you're on stock springs you wont scrub.

the set up i have now, i dont scrub unless im going over 100mph (i dont recomend this ;) ), and if i suddenly hit those low spots on the freeway. but even with that, its only scrubbing just a hair and nothing at all.

you can cut the fenders and run fender flares and avoid all that i mention but, thats work too. not only that, once you "CUT" thats it you cant go back to original or stock unless you have major body work done. $$$

with this set up, you will run into few grey area but, you gotta pay to play.
and as you can see in my previous posts regards to the 002's, i have done alot to get what i want.

you can also use the 185/50 stock tires and have it streched onto the 002's, that'll give you the old school streched look. but then, you gotta look for a tire shop that has a strong/large air commpresor to pop those beads into place too. i just so happen to have stockies in my garage and i will be doing this set up once after i get my "other" rims.

i would encourage you to read all the posts regards to the 002's first, thats if you havnt already. there are other sites as well but, CLUBxB has much info regards to these wheels than any other sites that i know of. thats cause i post most of it.

i know that bBist (steve), cassidy, and myself were the only ones running these wheels from the beginning, while everyone waited for these for a long time.

with bBist, he was running air, and his fenders are cut.
cassidy was just dealing with scrubs.
i watched, listened, learned, and applied whatever i could do with the info i could get.thanks to alot of peeps here from CLUBxB for their input, advise, opinions, and knowledge in helping out a brother out.

all in all, i put time into it. other peeps have gleaned off of my hard work and they done differently. as long as you get the look and set up that you want, then you gotta go for it!

if you looking to get a set of these wheels, check with Ryan at NEXT LEVEL MOTORING tell'em i eric sent ya, they'll hook you up.

hope all this helps you some what. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts