Empty Garage seeking 04-06 xB - Scion xB Forum
For Trade & Wanted: Scion xB Parts and Vehicles Looking for a certain part for your Scion xB or even a used Scion xB in your price range? Post it here so your fellow Scion xB owners can help you find the item you are looking for. Club xB is not held accountable for any transactions in the Wanted Scion xB Parts and Vehicle Forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-25-2018, 12:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
aunttora is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Empty Garage seeking 04-06 xB

Howdy! I'm in Ventura County California, and have been seeking an original model xB for over a year. I'm pretty indifferent as to transmission (but I WAS hoping to find a purple one). Finally pulled the trigger on one via Car Max (you don't have to say it, lesson learned) and had it shipped, a silver 2006 manual with very low miles, a gorgeous interior and mechanically fantastic -- shifting was a joy. Unfortunately it had been wrecked and badly repaired. I'm not too fussed about the "look", as this is going to be a "schlep the kids around/go to Costco" vehicle supplementing my 2013 FR-S, but the mechanic who examined it said: "I wouldn't buy it". So, back to the drawing board, wiser (don't believe CarMax if they tell you the sky is blue), very much sadder, kind of bruised by the whole experience, and out the transfer fee.

In addition to the purple color (blue is my second choice), I'd like one with reasonably low miles and one that's spent most of its life in the west, ideally with one owner. I know, I want a lot! But I have cash and will pay a premium for the right one -- and rest assured this car will have found the best home possible. It will be garaged with its little brother FR-S and taken care of like it was Jay Leno's. Anyone have any leads? I am crushed to be taking the one I have back to CarMax today. I've tried all the local dealerships hoping to get one that's being traded in, but all they have are the newer models. After this experience I'm just too bummed to start over. Hoping someone here has one they're seeking to re-home.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-26-2018, 03:45 PM
dom
06 Shadow Mica xB 4 sale!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
dom is on a distinguished road
Re: Empty Garage seeking 04-06 xB

Hi, I just might be your lead here! I currently don't have mine listed up for sale anywhere - so you would have total first dibs! I saw your post and this might be a great match.

I'm in Orange County, original owner of a manual trans 2006 Shadow Mica. This is currently still my daily driver, having about 123K on the odometer. I live very close to my work, so I've probably driven it fewer than 5K miles over the past year!

I don't have any pictures ready at the moment but can definitely get you more details. My xb is "medium-ly" modified, but still have the vast majority of all the original parts, that would go with it, too!

It has the TRD lowering kit, but would come with the original suspension.

Also with TRD short shifter, but I have original shifter, too.

A Magnaflow catback exhaust system. It is somewhat of a loud drone that takes some getting used to - but I also have a TRD muffler that was installed on it before (and is quieter). As I mentioned, it's my daily driver, so I obviously got used to it. I am also an "owner" of some kids -- so I haul them around too, and it doesn't break their ears.

I have all the maintenance records, and a factory Toyota car cover, too -- as well as more stuff I am forgetting, and can get you all the other details!

Clean title, no accidents.. This car has given me NO problems! Brand new battery installed about a month ago -- let's get in touch!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page