Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Website Support Forum Post issues with using the site or your account here

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 08-27-2014, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
AG Jeff is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

We're pleased to announce that we have launched a new smartphone view on the site, in addition to the recently added mobile view in the last upgrade. This version has been designed to have a cleaner look, to fit really nicely into mobile (iPhone, Android) browsers, and unlike most normal web based skins will also include features that are normally reserved for desktop or phone applications. We built this as we realize you all spend more time today on your phones on the forum than you did 2 years ago, and we want to get the mobile view to a place where you can do everything (and more!) that you can do on desktop.

A few notes as I know many of you may have questions:

* This does not replace the free or paid in-apps that you have, such as any mobile apps. This is web-only.
* This new skin will only show when you access the site from a modern (Android 4+, iPhone) phone. It will not show for older phones or for tablets, blackberries or windows phones.
* Please give us some time as we work through bugs. Give it a try, give us feedback in our mobile thread url, and give it a chance. Every change needs time to get used to!​

If you visit the site from your mobile phone, you'll get the new view automatically. You can login, post, reply, upload photos, view your private messages and more. You can also use the legacy mobile view by choosing the top left menu and Exit Enhanced Mobile Mode.

The feedback thread for any bugs, etc, please post below.

**Please let use know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thanks!

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 08-27-2014, 04:09 PM
addicted

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
BigLobe will become famous soon enough
Re: Updated Smartphone Feedback Thread

Been messing with it for a about an hr. First I would recommend an easy access to "New Posts", "Subscribed threads", and "Inbox". It was tough finding any of them. Easier to find just using the search engine. Idk about others but my main points I hit when I log into this site are "inbox"...then..."New posts"...then "subscribed threads". The new format takes A LOT of time to load. You click a button, you wait for it to load..You scroll down, you wait to load.. The old setup everything was instantaneous for me. No load times what so ever. I'm definitely a fan of change however the most recent changes to the site both on my PC and Smartphone weren't necessarily the best in my book. Will we have the "Legacy" option for our Smartphones as you offered us for the PC version? I will continue to mess with this Smartphone layout. The load times and navigation are just a bit frustrating at times.
post #3 of 16 Old 08-27-2014, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
AG Jeff is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLobe View Post
Been messing with it for a about an hr. First I would recommend an easy access to "New Posts", "Subscribed threads", and "Inbox". It was tough finding any of them. Easier to find just using the search engine. Idk about others but my main points I hit when I log into this site are "inbox"...then..."New posts"...then "subscribed threads". The new format takes A LOT of time to load. You click a button, you wait for it to load..You scroll down, you wait to load.. The old setup everything was instantaneous for me. No load times what so ever. I'm definitely a fan of change however the most recent changes to the site both on my PC and Smartphone weren't necessarily the best in my book. Will we have the "Legacy" option for our Smartphones as you offered us for the PC version? I will continue to mess with this Smartphone layout. The load times and navigation are just a bit frustrating at times.
What phone, software, and browser are you using?

Jeff

Jeff aka The Pun
Community Manager
AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 Old 08-28-2014, 03:01 AM
addicted

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
BigLobe will become famous soon enough

All that and you just want to know what phone and software I run...

NoteII, V. 4.1.2. It really doesn't matter though. After a day of messing with this I've had more than a handful of texts from members being fed up with the pointless changes. I truly love this site and know the community is strong. I'll be the first person to say though that I personally see a MASSIVE decrease in activity and common chat. From personal builds to sales threads. This site WAS above all others. Obviously the members are all the same but I've already seen and heard of many moving on. Both noobs and legends. Sucks I understand the whole "change is good" thing. However, When no members have complaints, here is no drama, load times are fantastic (or non existent), and everything is going smoothly... why change it? Why make it more difficult for current members? The claim is its for the look and loads, but neither are impressive in the least.. Again, I LOVE this site and have nothing but incredible respect for CxB..But what about US!? Being a member that EASILY logs in a good 50 times a day, this is highly impacting to me. I say drop it all and just give us back the old goodies. again...Not broke=don't fix(or "upgrade")
post #5 of 16 Old 08-29-2014, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
AG_admin is on a distinguished road
Garage

Hello,

There should be an option to go back to the older format. I'm not quite sure if it's the same for you as I use a Nexus 5 but in the top left corner there are three lines to open options where there is a button "exit Enhanced mobile view".

Also, which browser were you using during the test?

Thank you so much for the feedback and help! ^.^

~KM, community support
post #6 of 16 Old 08-30-2014, 07:16 AM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
wagonbldr is on a distinguished road
Sorry to say this latest update is terrible. My Safari browser on iPhone 4s is locked on the new site because of an error page. Can't get off it at all. Even full shutdown and reboot. Having to use chrome browser to send this. Pages have popup showing Loading. This didn't happen before updates to site.
post #7 of 16 Old 08-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Dyke in a Box

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Icedragon will become famous soon enough
Garage

Wow, whatever you did to the mobile site completely toasted any usability for the sake of slow ass loading animations and flourishes. There are no previews of threads, the forum tree takes at minimum 5-6 clicks to navigate, and the interface for posting is horrific.

I'm normally pretty understanding with site updates and changes, but what the hell were you thinking with this one?

General philosophy with regard to web design - KISS. Keep It Simple, Stupid.

(Not a dude.)

Have you heard of our Lord and Savior Plasti-Dip?
post #8 of 16 Old 09-20-2014, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 214 Post(s)
wagonbldr is on a distinguished road

Am unable to search on my iPhone 4S, still using IOS7. All it does is refresh page. Still using Safari as browser.

RS 2.0 #923
RS 7.0 #528
Just another Wonderful day in Paradise, now watch some SOB try to ruin it.
post #9 of 16 Old 09-22-2014, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Garage

Try clearing your cache and then go to the site. If the issue still persists let us know.

~ dm, community support
post #10 of 16 Old 09-22-2014, 09:24 PM
Phoenix, AZ

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
razr_one will become famous soon enough
Garage

For some reason using the new IOS8 apple software the mobile site is completely "broken" for me. Cant click on any of the links, cant navigate etc... Its a shame because I used to always go online using my phone when I was at work and stuff.

---------- Post added 09-22-2014 at 09:25 PM ----------

I forgot to add that I tried clearing history/ cache too and it is still doing the same thing.

TEAM AFTERMATH
HI_STATE
post #11 of 16 Old 09-23-2014, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Garage

The IOS8 piece is something that we are working on with apple, it's something happening with a lot of forum sites it seems
KN
post #12 of 16 Old 09-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Dyke in a Box

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Icedragon will become famous soon enough
Garage

Being unable to snap to the last page of a thread on mobile is really annoying for longer builds/discussions. Between the add on the bottom and the not-friendly page scrolling line, it takes up a lot of space on the screen too.

(Not a dude.)

Have you heard of our Lord and Savior Plasti-Dip?
post #13 of 16 Old 09-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Garage

Hello,

I have notified the Topify team about the page scrolling issue and they will take a look at it. Even I cannot seem to find an option to skip pages.

~KM, community support
post #14 of 16 Old 11-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Administrator

Garage

Hello everyone,

We’re excited to announce that additional features has been added and improvements were made to the enhanced mobile view.
Thanks to the feedback that everyone has provided, we were able to tailor the mobile view to better fit forum members’ needs and fix a few bugs along the way.

A few of the new features that were added includes:
• Completely replacing the PM system with one that better matches what members see in the desktop version.
• A pull-to-refresh functionality has been added on all appropriate pages in addition to the refresh already available in the overflow menu.
• A new scrolling feature has been added so that if the user starts scrolling the screen prior to an auto-scroll happening (like moving to a post per the current read position), the auto-scroll is cancelled so the user is not fighting with it.
• There is now a font size preview in the Font Size settings page so the members would know what to expect.
• Sticky topics can now be hidden from within the page where they are being viewed
• The vote count on poll results has been animated to count up along with the bar graph animations that were already present.

Now on to some of the fixes we that have implemented:
• After sharing a photo from the media viewer, the user will not be returned to the media viewer instead of the topic.
• PMs will now be correctly marked as viewed and word-wrapped.
• The forum will now work with iOS Safari if the user had opted to block all cookies.
• Double-tapping buttons or links will no longer cause functionality to execute twice.
• The text in the header is now re-sizing correctly when members are scrolling through the page or opening the side menu.

Please give this newly improved version of the mobile view a try and feel free to let us know what you think in the feedback thread.

**Please let us know the device, software version, and browser being used if reporting any issues.

Thank you.
post #15 of 16 Old 03-30-2015, 04:21 PM
Phoenix, AZ

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
razr_one will become famous soon enough
Garage

Seems that the mobile site is working better @AG Jeff @AG_admin . I do have a question regarding picture uploads though. First of all I'm using the Iphone6 and Iphone6+ with IOS8. When pictures are taken on the phone and I try to upload it directly onto the site usually there is an error message that comes up saying that the photo is too large. It does give an option to re-size the photo automatically and then upload but, usually (for me at least) it takes 3-4 times to actually go thru. I don't know if there is a fix on the website side or the phone side but, what is the maximum photo size for uploads onto the site to try and avoid this issue if there are no other fixes?

TEAM AFTERMATH
HI_STATE
post #16 of 16 Old 03-31-2015, 12:08 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by razr_one View Post
Seems that the mobile site is working better @AG Jeff @AG_admin . I do have a question regarding picture uploads though. First of all I'm using the Iphone6 and Iphone6+ with IOS8. When pictures are taken on the phone and I try to upload it directly onto the site usually there is an error message that comes up saying that the photo is too large. It does give an option to re-size the photo automatically and then upload but, usually (for me at least) it takes 3-4 times to actually go thru. I don't know if there is a fix on the website side or the phone side but, what is the maximum photo size for uploads onto the site to try and avoid this issue if there are no other fixes?

The dimensions can not be any larger than 150x150 for thumbnails.

Thanks

-Marie
community support

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page