LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-17-2018, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fireman1979a is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Camber kit

I'm fixing to order lowering springs, 1.1 front and 2.2 rear. I'm looking at the camber kits. Front is like 15.00 but the rear is like 25.00 and to me they look exactly the same. Can someone tell me why the price difference? If they are the same I'm going to order 2 front sets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-18-2018, 01:33 PM
Lots o leather and copper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
GregS is on a distinguished road
Re: Camber kit

I'd have to see what you are looking at for the rear camber kit. I can guarantee that if it looks like the front camber bolt kit that it is not going to work at all. We have a torsion beam suspension in the rear that has no adjustable camber to it at all. I suspect the listing you are looking at is just plain wrong. That said, you can get camber for the rear by having a wedged plate bolted in between the wheel hub and the hub mount on the beam. Only company that currently makes this is RealCamber.com | Camber Shims for the Scion xB You won't see it on his site, just message them and ask if they have any of the 2nd gen kits in stock. It is a fixed camber option, 3 degrees I believe.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-18-2018, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Fireman1979a is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregS View Post
I'd have to see what you are looking at for the rear camber kit. I can guarantee that if it looks like the front camber bolt kit that it is not going to work at all. We have a torsion beam suspension in the rear that has no adjustable camber to it at all. I suspect the listing you are looking at is just plain wrong. That said, you can get camber for the rear by having a wedged plate bolted in between the wheel hub and the hub mount on the beam. Only company that currently makes this is RealCamber.com | Camber Shims for the Scion xB You won't see it on his site, just message them and ask if they have any of the 2nd gen kits in stock. It is a fixed camber option, 3 degrees I believe.
I didn't think it would work but wasn't sure. I haven't messed or really even looked at the rear yet. (Haven't had the car very long) learning as I go. Thank you for the link I'll check into that.
If I'm dropping the rear 2.2 inches will it make a big difference in the camber? And how much tire wear will be going on. My last car ate tires up pretty bad. (Honda del sol)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1524097348942_1524097369064.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	71521  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2018, 07:49 PM
Lots o leather and copper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
GregS is on a distinguished road
Re: Camber kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman1979a View Post
I didn't think it would work but wasn't sure. I haven't messed or really even looked at the rear yet. (Haven't had the car very long) learning as I go. Thank you for the link I'll check into that.
If I'm dropping the rear 2.2 inches will it make a big difference in the camber? And how much tire wear will be going on. My last car ate tires up pretty bad. (Honda del sol)
The camber really isn't a problem, where the problem comes in is with the rear beam design. When you lower a car with solid beam, whatever camber you have gets turned partially into negative toe so looking at the wheels from above they angle inward like this, / \. This is where you will get excessive tire wear because you are basically dragging the tires at an angle across the road.

Fortunately, the camber shims from rear camber have some toe correction built into the to help compensate for this. I don't know if it'll still need more adjustment with that drop or not so you would need to ask him when you check on the shims. If you do need to adjust it you can do so with alignment shims from EZ-shim. They'll take car of whatever tor might be left to get rid of.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page