Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)
RS2SYBOX is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Two things:

Hello xB2 guys and gals!

New to this side of the forum, usually Iíd be in the first gen side of thing. But I have a few questions pertaining to the olí ladyís xB2.

First off, 2008 xB with approx 110k on the odo. I recently took it out to pick my daughter from school since I was home early from work. Noticed the oil light would come on during some turns and/or dips, checked the oil when I got home and well damn near empty. Filled it back up with some 5w30 I had for my xB (itís okay, I changed the oil shortly afterwards back to 5w20).

Is there a recall or something to address this? Iím not up to speed on the 2nd gen box.

Secondly, for a transmission service aka drain and fill/change filter, does anyone have the quantities offhand? I tried searching for transmission and whatnot but it pertained more to the first gen and not this one.

Any pointers, tips, and/or tricks would be appreciated,
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2019, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 296 Post(s)
se-r_dad is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Two things:

Sounds like you have the infamous Gen2 oil consumption from 2008-2010 models. I believe the piston rings are are at fault. There was a recall but not sure how many years back but up to 150k. They have to do an oil consumption test at the stealership, let you drive around for some time and check your oil again to see if its consumption up enough to warrant a rebuild. My white RS-7 had it done by the previous owner.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 04-18-2019, 07:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
wagonbldr is on a distinguished road
There was an age and mileage limit on the test. I would pass earlier, but now that I'm over the mileage I would fail. Figures. Oil drain back holes in pistons were too small and too few. Fix is new reengineered pistons and rings.
dubeexb06 likes this.

RS 2.0 #923
RS 7.0 #528
Just another Wonderful day in Paradise, now watch some SOB try to ruin it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-20-2019, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
RS2SYBOX is on a distinguished road
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Re: Two things:

Quote:
Originally Posted by se-r_dad View Post
Sounds like you have the infamous Gen2 oil consumption from 2008-2010 models. I believe the piston rings are are at fault. There was a recall but not sure how many years back but up to 150k. They have to do an oil consumption test at the stealership, let you drive around for some time and check your oil again to see if its consumption up enough to warrant a rebuild. My white RS-7 had it done by the previous owner.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

Fantastic! I read that itís whichever comes first whether its 10 years from first use or 150k... which would technically put it out of the recall period, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonbldr View Post
There was an age and mileage limit on the test. I would pass earlier, but now that I'm over the mileage I would fail. Figures. Oil drain back holes in pistons were too small and too few. Fix is new reengineered pistons and rings.

Well sh*t. I was hoping itíd be something I could do myself but thats way out of my comfort zone. The car would be out of commission for months if not a year haha. So if I ran seafoam in the crankcase to clear out the passages would it help or make it worse?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page