Scion xB Forum banner

Ideas about a 2GR-FE Swap in a XB2????

22K views 87 replies 15 participants last post by  toyotadude2021 
#1 ·
So Ive been searching High and Low online about this swap..... no one has done it? please let me know if it is at all possible I have a shop I can do the work at and I am looking for a donor car.... but if the newer camrys come with 2.4 or 3.5 engine option why wont it work?

thanks all!!

#9 ·
Paul, a member on Scionlife and NewScionXB did some preliminary research on the wiring. Haven't been able to contact him yet. But he did mention the RAV4 as a possible candidate. It uses the same 2 plug computer and is mounted in same location. Camry computer is located under the dash on passenger side.

#14 ·
Wish it was that simple. Found 3 more plugs mounted in the fuse box that are tied into the engine harness. As well as the power cable from the alternator. And the plugs are different between the xB and the RAV4.

#19 ·
About 110 extra horsepower and 80 ft/lb of torque. Have only seen pics of 1 completed. Someone in Japan did it in a Rumion. Have been unable to find info on build. So I'm trying it as a challenge to myself.

#26 ·
2007 RAV4 engine cradle bolted into xB with no problems. So it has the RAV4 lower suspension , steering rack, swaybar, brakes and axles. Got some clearance issues to work out. Rear exhaust manifold and intake manifold are issues.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.