Help opening door stuck locked - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Interior There's no arguing that there's plenty of room inside the Scion xB interior. Which is why the Scion xB interior deserves an entire forum of it's own. Here you can discuss any customizing you have done to the interior of your Scion xB.

2Likes
  • 2 Post By EGR xB

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-22-2018, 09:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
EGR xB is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Help opening door stuck locked

My passenger front door is locked. I have tried repeatedly over the past 10 days to get it unlocked with no luck, and yes, I have tried all combinations of the inside latch, inside knob, outside door handle and key fob. Without the door open it is impossible to remove the door panel and fix the problem (most likely the actuator). One non-Toyota mechanic said he would have to destroy the door panel to get it off. Has anyone successfully gotten a stuck door open? I really don’t want to destroy a perfectly good door panel. If it helps, my lock knob goes half way up and stops, whether I pull it by hand or use the switch. The interior latch stays out if I pull it all the way and I have to push it back in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-22-2018, 11:15 PM

Quoted: 303 Post(s)
se-r_dad is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: Help opening door stuck locked

At this point, if I were you, i would go to Pick-A-Park junk yard and get a door panal for $20, and cut into yours to get the door unlocked. I don't know any other tricks.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added 11-23-2018 at 04:27 AM ----------

"Roll the window down, and you should be able to get it by pulling up on the lock tab and up on the outside door handle."

This quote was from another thread, see if the mechanic can try that for you.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 11-28-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
EGR xB is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)

Just FYI in case anyone else runs into this situation, I took this to another local shop and they got the door open. I had actually called them first, but their first available appointment was 10 days out so I took it to the other place first (the one who said I would have to destroy the door panel, which I am glad I didn't do). I wasn't there, but apparently the second (successful) shop has some sort of inflatable bladder they use to expand the window opening so that they can see down in the door and get to the latch mechanism. Anyway.... don't take "no" for an answer and don't ruin your door panel, it IS possible.
dubeexb06 and se-r_dad like this.

Last edited by EGR xB; 11-28-2018 at 11:54 AM. Reason: correct spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 12-29-2018, 04:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
kryptomike is on a distinguished road

I'm having the same problems but for my driver side door. How would I go about opening/cutting up the door panel?
post #5 of 5 Old 02-26-2019, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Y4123 is on a distinguished road
Now I feel better at least knowing I'm not the only one experiencing door lock issues, had the drivers door lock get stuck a few days ago and sometimes the car will just randomly lock all the doors lol

User Tag List