Drivers window question - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Interior There's no arguing that there's plenty of room inside the Scion xB interior. Which is why the Scion xB interior deserves an entire forum of it's own. Here you can discuss any customizing you have done to the interior of your Scion xB.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 04-03-2018, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sprout is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Drivers window question

Hello, Ive been playing w/ my driver window and during the diagnosis of the switch I noticed that the part you press to lower the drivers window has a different feel and sound than the others. I know its not the switch on the circuit board bc i took it apart to see if there was anything stuck in there. I'm guessing theres a reason for it, but i wanted to ask other 1st gen (mine is a 06) to press theirs and see if they can feel or hear a difference. The difference I am speaking of is a click which sounds and feels like theres almost a 2nd gear or something. Its not loud but if you are paying attention, one can feel and hear it...mostly feel when pressing about half way through the full press... I don't believe its a big deal but i was just curious.

Thanks to everyone who has posted fix it info on here and the other board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-03-2018, 10:57 PM
Undercover Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
DTRAIN619 is a jewel in the rough DTRAIN619 is a jewel in the rough DTRAIN619 is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Re: Drivers window question

The "click" is the one touch for the driver's side front window (down only). Partially pressing it will lower the window, a full press (as when you hear/feel the click) engages the one touch mechanism.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-03-2018, 11:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sprout is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)

I guess i should have found that in the manual. Thanks for answering. The window never worked well enough for me to discover that function and my last car was a base Echo w no electric anything. I was thinking the click was a left over function from a more upgraded car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-04-2018, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough

/\/\.. Just so you know that the Echo you talk about was before our boxes !! Many of what the Echo has will fit in our xBs !!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page