Right leg pain - seat??? - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Interior There's no arguing that there's plenty of room inside the Scion xB interior. Which is why the Scion xB interior deserves an entire forum of it's own. Here you can discuss any customizing you have done to the interior of your Scion xB.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By RD5062

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 09-16-2017, 12:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Datboypaulyb is on a distinguished road
(Thread Starter)
Right leg pain - seat???

Random question... I just got an 06 box and since I got it I have noticed I get right leg pain that shoots up my and down my leg and back. I have to drive my truck for it to subside. Has anyone else had this issue and what did you do to the seat to make it more ergonomically friendly? (in case it matters I'm 6', 190 lbs). I love the car but can't drive it if this keeps up. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 09-17-2017, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
RD5062 will become famous soon enough
Re: Right leg pain - seat???

I'm not a medical professional, so take my advice as you will and if you suspect something may be wrong go check with your actual doctor, but it sounds like Sciatica pain; having experienced it myself. Basically for whatever reason, pressure is being exerted on your sciatic nerve(which runs from the lumbar spine down your leg), which can cause weakness and/or pain that radiate up/down your leg(usually one side only). Do you keep your wallet in your back right pocket when you sit in your car? Because that could be part of the problem as well. Your truck may have better cushioning/lumbar support which is why it goes away when you drive in it.

In my case, due to other injuries at the time, I had a pretty bad case where going from sitting to standing or vice versa was pretty painful, which was exacerbated with my wallet in my back pocket when I drove around. Using one of those lumbar support cushions on the seat and keeping my wallet out of my back pocket helped until my injuries were resolved and the pain went away. (6' 260lbs here, the little bit of natural cushion might have helped but probably not much). Hopefully this helps and you can figure out something to ease your pain and keep you driving your box.
DTRAIN619 likes this.
post #3 of 4 Old 09-17-2017, 05:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 767 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough
Re: Right leg pain - seat???

No issues here but do check with your doctor !!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-18-2017, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
wagonbldr is on a distinguished road
My wife has back issues. She likes the seats in 1st gen but complains that my 2nd gen seats make her back hurt. Just something in the layout. I do recall couple members raising the front of the seat by using washers to get a little more laid back riding position

RS 2.0 #923
RS 7.0 #528
Just another Wonderful day in Paradise, now watch some SOB try to ruin it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page