Door stuck locked - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Interior There's no arguing that there's plenty of room inside the Scion xB interior. Which is why the Scion xB interior deserves an entire forum of it's own. Here you can discuss any customizing you have done to the interior of your Scion xB.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 PM Thread Starter
the leprechaun

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
the leprechaun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to the leprechaun
(Thread Starter)
Door stuck locked

So my door (drivers side) is stuck locked and refuses to unlock at all. I've had a similar issue with the front passenger doorbut I've been able to convince the lock to catch and unlock by playin with the outside handle and the lock itself. So yesturday my door locked itself shut and I tried getting it to unlock but it just won't budge. I pulled the passenger door panel off th see what it looks like and see of there was something I could grab with a hook and there is but its a small spot to grab and it still isn't budging. Obviously I can't take the door panel off because the door is shut and refuses to open so I can't just pull the panel off and fix it. Any ideas would be awesome

zoned out in music guarding my pot of gold, betcha can't steal any of it...

"There's Always One..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-14-2013, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
the leprechaun

(Thread Starter)
Well, I figured it out...its all electronic in the end. No matter what way you open your door it connects to a box with little electronics that says open sesame. Same with the lock, connects to the box with a sensor that says yea open it or nope I'm locked u ain't budgin. Well, that box is fried so I gotta get a new one. Don't kno the price from the stealer ship cuz I don't wanna get bent over a table for a box. Best I found was 150 total for an assembly...lock, interior handle, box, yada yada...retarded...I'm pissed, since the car has been in exitance I'm positive nobodys bitched about the rod n pull cable assembly to open and lock doors. But cuz we gotta be a modern world we had to go and "improve" something that was perfectly fine and it backfired. If it ain't broken don't try to "fix" or "improve" it...so people of club xb...if ur lock gets stuck and u need to finese the handle n lock to unlock it or if with everything in your power just can open ur door, the latch/box has to be replaced cuz it's either dying, dead, or fried, and when it does happen, be "happy" about the "simplicity" of some of our "advanced" modern technologies that make our lives "easier" because apparently, according to toyota and any and all other companies that thought that they needed to "improve" on a simple thing that has yet to fail in the history of its existance, they failed and was wrong cuz there isn't even a backup system in this car to allow you to open and close your door even when the electric box fails...

Have a nice day

"There's Always One..."
post #3 of 12 Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
the leprechaun

(Thread Starter)
Oh, n before someone takes it the wrong way...I'm not attackin neone for no response to the thread for somekind of solution...I'm not surprised actually cuz I'm sure the odds of this happenin is like 1 in a bazzilion, I'm jus extremely pissed at the rediculousness of this issue

"There's Always One..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 05-14-2013, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
the leprechaun

(Thread Starter)
That pale white box is what I'm reffering to that fried, everything involved in lockin n openin the door is connected to it

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1368565410137.jpg
Views:	1820
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	24604  

"There's Always One..."
post #5 of 12 Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
TheMole is on a distinguished road
Re: Door stuck locked

Yea the door lock actuators are a common problem on this car. My rear passenger one is slowing dying, but not ready to throw down $80+ for a new oem unit. There are some DIYs on here to use a universal unit that cost about $10.

2004 Polar White xB
post #6 of 12 Old 05-15-2013, 03:40 AM
addicted

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
BigLobe will become famous soon enough

I'm told the universal ones on eBay work perfect. I have the same issue..Happens every few months. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Audiovox...item27d1ed0919
CxB Member (Rcdrift) could prob give you a little how-to. He just did his.
post #7 of 12 Old 05-16-2013, 04:44 AM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Zman will become famous soon enough Zman will become famous soon enough
I have a diy for the rear door, cost $5.30 shipped and took a little over an hour.
post #8 of 12 Old 05-18-2013, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
the leprechaun

(Thread Starter)
Yea, I never considered the universal...out of anger I ordered the first oem actuator I saw which was that plus the latch, interior n exterior handle rods and the lock rod....150 all together. It almost doesn't mattter right now cuz its not so much the actuator giving me a hassle since that's a 20 min fix...its the fact that it totally gave out and I just cannot open my door for the life of me...legit closed. So ima call my mechanic Monday n have him put it in cuz he got my door open somehow...I give up on my door.

Does anyone kno how to OPEN a door with a dead actuator? None of the DIYs tells us how to and THAT is my first issue to tackle here

"There's Always One..."
post #9 of 12 Old 05-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Tactical Toaster

LiquidSnak will become famous soon enough

Roll the window down, and you should be able to get it by pulling up on the lock tab and up on the outside door handle.

---------- Post added 05-18-2013 at 11:18 AM ----------

I say should, but it's a maybe. My passenger side is the rape door. If you try to open it before it's unlocked, it stays locked no matter how many times you lock/unlock the car.

---------- Post added 05-18-2013 at 11:18 AM ----------

*disclaimer*

I didn't name it that.

It's amazing what I learn when I get into it and figure it out. ~EquineScion
post #10 of 12 Old 05-18-2013, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
the leprechaun

(Thread Starter)
Yea I've done the lock/outside handle thing many times before on my front passenger door...that one likes to act dumb a lot, so I figured I could do that to this door but it's not giving at all...its closed/locked and not giving up anytime soon

"There's Always One..."
post #11 of 12 Old 05-18-2013, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
the leprechaun

(Thread Starter)
So we can all be wrong at times...the small spring in the middle of the pic is part of the interior handle (your looking at the whole actuator and handle/lock/latch mechanism from outside in if it was mounted (that's the one I bought for 150))
It was a bit jammed with I'm assuming the lock so while I was looking into my door with the panel off and looking at the one I bought I realized the on the new one the spring was fully compressed and on my door it wasn't...so I fiddled with it for a bit and it unjammed, completely compressing the spring and open sesame says my door...a lil wd40 to keep it all nice n lubed up and I no longer have to climb thru some other door to get in and out.....what a long ass week its been for somethin so simple

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1368906988232.jpg
Views:	1648
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	24652  

"There's Always One..."
post #12 of 12 Old 11-22-2018, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
EGR xB is on a distinguished road

So... I’ve read through this thread several times and I can’t see how you solved your original problem.... getting the door open. I can’t fix the actuator without getting the door panel off, and I can’t get the panel off with the door closed. I took it to an independent repair shop this week and was told that they’ll have to ruin the door cover to get it off. I can’t believe that is the only solution.
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page