More transmission? - Scion xB Forum
Scion xB Engine, Tech, & Performance Discuss Scion xB engine, tech, & performance related topics here. Scion xB performance upgrades like Scion xB exhaust, Scion xB turbos and supercharges. Anything to make your Scion xB go fast!!!

2Likes
  • 1 Post By wagonbldr
  • 1 Post By rush3969

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-21-2019, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
rush3969 is an unknown quantity at this point
(Thread Starter)
More transmission?

So I put the low mileage auto trans in my xb drove great ect. 400 miles om it and put new filter and type iv in it.

I know when cold and blue light is on it won't fully shift to od or whatever until its warmed up.

My issue is now after a week of functioning great i have had a issue where it will rev some when blue light is on and not move any at all in any gear until its fully warmed which is getting annoying.

I usually let my cars warm for few minutes anyhow but I know my other 2 xb"s never done this.

Wondering if that trans maybe had something in it and it finally clogged or partially clogged something or if it just ended up being a junk tranny even though it functions and shifts great when it finally warms up.

Good thing I got a 6 month warranty but i'm not too excited about pulling the tranny so they can give me a replacement

Any idea's or has anyone had any issues like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-22-2019, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
wagonbldr is on a distinguished road
Sounds like you are about to use the warranty. That is not normal. You are correct in that while the blue light is on, the trans will not shift into overdrive. But it will not cause the engine to rev without moving. Check your fluid level to make sure you don't have a leak.
se-r_dad likes this.

RS 2.0 #923
RS 7.0 #528
Just another Wonderful day in Paradise, now watch some SOB try to ruin it.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-22-2019, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yea I've checked the fluid, while hot its at the 1st indention on the hot line so it is I guess a smidge low. But I also came out this morning to a small leak in the driveway from the pan seeping so I snugged the pan bolts more and the drain plug bolt. Seems to be doing good.

I bought a 6 pack of type iv off amazon so i'm going to top the fluid off and see but i'm thinking it's not that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-24-2019, 09:49 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough dubeexb06 will become famous soon enough
Re: More transmission?

Good Luck and hope this solves your problem !!!
post #5 of 9 Old 02-25-2019, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Seems to be better, shifts so smooth ect. Added fluid and hasn't had the issue as much until today it done it 2 times on me.

It's odd I'll run out in the a.m. and start it let it sit a few minutes can move fine no issue.

I can run around town come home it'll sit about 30 minutes and go out and see the blue light on I'll let it sit like 2 minutes and shift into reverse and bam just a rev up to like 2k. So I'll put her in park, rev it to like 3k for 20 seconds and shift into reverse again and its good to go.

Don't make sense, guess I'll drive the piss out of it already at 600 miles on the tranny. Have like 5 months or more left om warranty if it blows I'll pull it and get a replacement.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-26-2019, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 295 Post(s)
se-r_dad is on a distinguished road
Garage
Re: More transmission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush3969 View Post
Seems to be better, shifts so smooth ect. Added fluid and hasn't had the issue as much until today it done it 2 times on me.

It's odd I'll run out in the a.m. and start it let it sit a few minutes can move fine no issue.

I can run around town come home it'll sit about 30 minutes and go out and see the blue light on I'll let it sit like 2 minutes and shift into reverse and bam just a rev up to like 2k. So I'll put her in park, rev it to like 3k for 20 seconds and shift into reverse again and its good to go.

Don't make sense, guess I'll drive the piss out of it already at 600 miles on the tranny. Have like 5 months or more left om warranty if it blows I'll pull it and get a replacement.
You must be in some really cold weather for your motor to cool off for the blue light to come on within 30 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk
post #7 of 9 Old 02-26-2019, 09:57 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
We have had cold hot weather for a while now won't make its mind up. But I thought the same thing

Northern ky area close to cincy.
post #8 of 9 Old 03-06-2019, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Yea still stumped on this. Got worse, kinda odd once its going shifts great runs great. Odd 2 transmission same exact issue's symptoms.

Love these boxes but kinda done wrenching on it.

I did get a cel ther other day, started revving up towards 2500rpm when I put it in drive. I hit the gas some and cel came on for p0500 which is VSS. the vss is new and the speedo still works. I pulled it had some shavings on the magnet.

Only other code I'm pulling is airbag b1660 cel stored.

Don't really want to pull the damn tranny again, I'm thinking about buying a low mileage complete jdm 1nzfe for 850 since this motor is higher mileage anyhow. I'm assuming it should be plug in play shouldn't have to change the wiring ect right. Figure I'll use my warranty om tbat tranny and have a spare but justy get that jdm swap and make it easier and swap the whole thing out.
post #9 of 9 Old 03-09-2019, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well just picked up a jdm 1nzfe. Hopefully it warms up I'll throw it in soon.
se-r_dad likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page