Scion xB Forum banner

Missing SSP

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  04_Toaster 
#1 ·
I finally installed a new stereo with Bluetooth, so now I can stream Disney soundtracks via Spotify for my 3 year old. Yay. So. Much. Fun. :|

Anyways, right away I noticed it was lacking and it dawned on me that the SSP is gone. I've EQ'd it as much as possible but I've been driving this car for 10 years (??) and it just seems lifeless. Does anyone have any recommendations? I've tried installing surround sound apps on my phone but they just do basic phasing (which sounds weird). I'm thinking of getting an 8" sub for the passenger seat, but I don't know.

Anyone know how to replicate the SSP setting on an aftermarket head unit?

Thanks,

#3 ·
As the Gen1 xB radio is a Pioneer T18xx series, possibly they can advise on the SSP (Scion Sound Processing) EQ levels for the three sound reproduction pre-sets: Neutral, Hear, and Feel. There also is a selection in the head unit to match the radio to an xB, xA, or tC. I have always used the Scion optional Bazooka bass and am fully please with the sound. But, if you never have used a subwoofer, you should be able to replicate the sound you had before. I defer to the ICE experts on this site for better help with this inquiry.

Good luck with the search to restore the sound. The sacrifices we make for our kids. :rolleyes:

Frank

#8 ·
The wiring is not OEM installed. Scion Part Number PTS20-52040-WH is the wiring harness. It came with the Scion Bazooka option, but was also available separately with an adapter for use with other brands of head units or other powered subwoofers. I do not know if either is still available through Toyota, but maybe they are through Bazooka.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.